Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to post pics on here, but I finally got my mirrors changed out. Didn't upgrade the harness or anything fancy, basically just swapped my Tahoe mirrors with Escalade mirrors.

Thanks for all your help guys! I love the bigger mirrors already!!
Great to hear! It’s my favorite mod and people will notice something is different too and start asking you how they can get them on their truck!

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I missed this. Here you go.

3a22305d2a818abb54f7613b48b0317f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could you help me out. Is there a difference between the front and rear door handles. Then wiring, how did you hook them up and how may wires are there on the handles. Some on ebay i see 3 wires and some i see 5. More information on this mod would be wonderful as i am trying to do this

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you help me out. Is there a difference between the front and rear door handles. Then wiring, how did you hook them up and how may wires are there on the handles. Some on ebay i see 3 wires and some i see 5. More information on this mod would be wonderful as i am trying to do this

The front handles are the five wire. Rear are the three wire. There’s a ground wire and one for the handle led. The other wires are for the keyless access.

As far as the wiring goes, the challenge is getting the puddle lamp circuit to the handles. If you already have the puddle lamps in the front mirrors, that circuit is in the front door harness and landed in the mirror connector. You can splice into it and run to the handle connector. BTW, the Escalade handle connectors were keyed different from my Yukon’s. You can either shave off the keyed part on the door harness side with a razor blade, replace it with the correct connector or just swap in front and rear Escalade door harnesses like I did. You’ll have to get the puddle lamp circuit landed in the body side of the rear door connectors. I spliced into the gray/green striped puddle lamp circuit wire in the body harness along the lower door sill on each side. That’s it in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked on A1Auto. They sell a pair without the bells and whistles new unpainted for $335 https://www.1aauto.com/2015-17-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01665

Since my LS has nothing in it, this is probably the way to go for me. Eventually I will need to work with someone on this forum that knows the upfitters guide so I can get the power fold working. Its probably the only thing I would really like. But the bigger mirrors will be an improvement.

Azervos3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just looked on A1Auto. They sell a pair without the bells and whistles new unpainted for $335 https://www.1aauto.com/2015-17-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01665

Since my LS has nothing in it, this is probably the way to go for me. Eventually I will need to work with someone on this forum that knows the upfitters guide so I can get the power fold working. Its probably the only thing I would really like. But the bigger mirrors will be an improvement.

Those are not the bigger ones we are talking about....

Hey guys just bought a 17 SLT. Looking to upgrade the mirrors too mine has heated turn signal blind spot puddle light and auto dimming driver side. I can't seem to find a good place to buy them other then eBay and can't find driver side ones. Lol.

Where did you buy urs from? How much where they? And does Escalade. Come in summit white (pure bright white not the Tanish white)? Let me know guys thanx.

Also haven't looked on here yet but anyone with some good led light upgrades brand and pictures and Kelvin color??

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having same problem with blind spot in driver side mirror on my 2018 Denali. I am assuming a '17 mirror will fit on an '18 . Looks like the best prices are on Ebay and will check out the Escalade mirrors at the dealer this week before ordering.

Do the mirror "caps" come off to paint or do the mirrors need to be painted before installing ?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having same problem with blind spot in driver side mirror on my 2018 Denali. I am assuming a '17 mirror will fit on an '18 . Looks like the best prices are on Ebay and will check out the Escalade mirrors at the dealer this week before ordering.

Do the mirror "caps" come off to paint or do the mirrors need to be painted before installing ?

Yes, they will fit. The caps do come off. The best functional mod I’ve done.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they will fit. The caps do come off. The best functional mod I’ve done.
Matt, thanks for the info. Will order them today. Any tips on taking the "caps" off?

This is a great thread and I look forward to eliminating the blind spot. Came close twice to pulling into a car I didn't see. I have the mirrors turned out as far as they will go but it won't eliminate the blind spot. Blind spot warning light not to be trusted.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont