Escalade Roof Rack and How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pericles

Reaction score
What would a reasonable price be to paint the roof rack end caps? I was quoted around $250

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine for the price of two rattle cans of color and clear.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would a reasonable price be to paint the roof rack end caps? I was quoted around $250

That's nuts! I'm having mine painted as we speak. Should have them back tomorrow. Brand new end caps direct from GM for $35 each and $100 to paint the set of four. I'm happy with that.

I did mine for the price of two rattle cans of color and clear.

Not the route I would go, but as long as you're satisfied...

Last edited:

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my roof rack swap done. Super simple and such a nice, clean look. I'm sure its already been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but anyone with a long wheelbase truck doing this conversion will need to order four of the black plastic bushings. The short wheelbase guys only need two.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got a set of esky esv racks on my 2006 Denali xl. That anchor bolt your showing in the middle, I don't have those. Took me a couple months to track down all the gaskets and such. there's two spots down my roof racks in the middle because of the long wheel base. I didn't know I needed those. Will my racks be ok without those for a few days until I can get them ordered and delivered?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got a set of esky esv racks on my 2006 Denali xl. That anchor bolt your showing in the middle, I don't have those. Took me a couple months to track down all the gaskets and such. there's two spots down my roof racks in the middle because of the long wheel base. I didn't know I needed those. Will my racks be ok without those for a few days until I can get them ordered and delivered?

If you're going to put it on and all together, then you're going to have to take it all apart just to get the anchor bolts on... I'd just wait and do it once.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update... GM has discontinued these racks. So if you find one, treat it like gold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972