Escalade parts interchange years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 tahoe that currently has the 06 glass with the plastic piece on the top of the outside of the glass. Are you saying that the third light will work without replacing the entire glass? I dont really care for the large plastic piece. I had to buy a replacement glass last year as the drivers side hinge delaminated from the glass. The guy at the glass shop said that they replace the 05 glass with the 06 glass to eliminate this issue.
If you're esky third comes from a 2005 or 2006, the mounting screw holes will match up perfect. When I did mine on my Denali, the esky third came from a 2004 and the mounting holes were in different spots. That's why I ended swapping glass hatches. I'm not ok with just adhesive holding the third light and base on. I wanted the mounting screws in place and adhesive. It's been on over a year now with no problems. But if your light and base is the same year than you shouldn't have any problems.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is wrong. If u want esky 3rd u need whole glass. There is no swapping just the trim even if u have 05/06 regular glass

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@select127 , I went through this whole process a year ago. You can do an esky third without the glass if your glass is the same year as the third you've got. The family I live with has an 05 esky esv. I pulled apart her third tail light off of her glass. Which worked well because her light wasn't working and I found the short in the wire under the base. So I fixed her issue. Haha. The screw holes on her glass matched up and were the same as where the screw holes were on my original 2006 hatch. Had my esky third been off a 2006 it would have matched and I wouldn't have had to swap the hatch. But unfortunately my esky third I believe came off of a 2004.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only thing is did you actually pull the trim piece and try to swap them over? If im not mistaking all the esky 3rd brake lights have same part number except the ext model. If the glass are different from 02-04 and 05-06 then the light itself would have to be different. The screw holes may look the same but i do think they are different

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put her light and base on my window and it was a perfect fit. And took the 2004 light that I had and it wouldn't match up to her glass.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger, bought a 2006 escalade back glass and third tail. I might have paid too much, but it was my exact color no painting required. $325 shipped to my door. So how is the swap? Is there anything to plug after removing the Tahoe third light?

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, I didn't know they were that expensive. I have been loosely looking for one since I replaced the original Tahoe glass last year after the hinge delaminated from the glass. The aftermarket replacement, from an 06 rattles. This one has my Burmuda Blue paint so no trip to the paint shop. Hopefully the rattle will go away.

Will my stock lifts (shocks) be ok or does the third light add a bunch of weight?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, I didn't know they were that expensive. I have been loosely looking for one since I replaced the original Tahoe glass last year after the hinge delaminated from the glass. The aftermarket replacement, from an 06 rattles. This one has my Burmuda Blue paint so no trip to the paint shop. Hopefully the rattle will go away.

Will my stock lifts (shocks) be ok or does the third light add a bunch of weight?
No your stock hatch supports will be fine. The esky base and light don't weigh much. The swap is really easy. Pull the c clips off the hinges and the whole glass comes right off and you can make the swap. Just have an extra set of arms available when you do the swap.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What paints do escalades share with Tahoes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout