Escalade/Esky Full LED 3rd Brake Light Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I thought so , just never seen one with a bow tie before. Looks cool and very different. That's awesome how it lights up too.

geelevert

Reaction score
Vegas did this one that I bought from a memeber a few months back. It is bright as hell and I see why GM did not run them all the way across.

View attachment 71617

View attachment 71618

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
from the pic it looks all the led's from left to right on the 3rd brake light are lit up. if so, how did you get the Oem light to do that? I got a 07 Escalade 3rd brake light on my 2013 tahoe and it only has like 5-7 inches of led's that light up in the middle.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from the pic it looks all the led's from left to right on the 3rd brake light are lit up. if so, how did you get the Oem light to do that? I got a 07 Escalade 3rd brake light on my 2013 tahoe and it only has like 5-7 inches of led's that light up in the middle.

They open up the light, insert more LEDs and then close it back up

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum member vegasf6 is the man that does the conversions. I bought mine from a member but vegasf6 modded it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

geelevert

Reaction score
I thought so , just never seen one with a bow tie before. Looks cool and very different. That's awesome how it lights up too.
It was kind of pain to get the Escalade applique to work for me. The wife backed out of the garage with lift gate open and ripped off the original applique. I got it to go back on but it was all scratched up. Then I found this Escalade chrome one with the back up camera. I was planning to paint the truck so i held on to it. I didn't want a Escalade emblem on the tahoe so I removed it. Once removed, the black plate that Escalade emble sat on had a few holes that would of looked ugly if I couldnt find a bowtie that would cover them. I decided to get a piece of Kydex plastic and I traced the original black plate shape over it and I made a new plate and had I painted when the truck got painted. the back lit bowtie is from a Cruze and meant for a Cruze emblem. I had to use a Bowtie less than 5 inches wide or it would of been too long and overlapped the black plate. I got the Cruze bowtie and had it painted also to match. I then noticed that everything was going to be 2 way 3M tapped (new back plate 3M tapped to the Chrome, back Light 3M tapped to the back Plate, Bowtie 3M tapped to the back light) it would of been way to thick. So I dumped the painted Cruze emblem and found a billet bowtie off a newer Impala that worked. It worked out better because it came with mounted studs and eliminated the need for 3M tape. And was more secure if anyone tried to rip it off. I think it came out better because then it would been too much Tungsen Grey( Grey bowtie emblem on a Grey Plate, thats on chrome piece thats on the vehicle's grey paint).

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
did the back of the bulbs that dont light up have to be drilled out for the new led's to be able to shine through?

Yes and new leds are inserted. You have to cut the housing open, drill the holes and then insert the led's

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and new leds are inserted. You have to cut the housing open, drill the holes and then insert the led's

and then do all the wiring making sure the volts and stuff are all good...