Escalade 09 esv intermittent guages go crazy and tranny defaults to 2nd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshohmygosh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My escalade has been to dealerhsip 3 times in the last 4 weeks..same problems still .. they changed fuel module and air ride moduke. And works for day's and still acts up out of no where..it downshifts to 2nd and stays there. The guages go erratic and the nessage screen says stability shut off and few others shut off i beleive also like blind zone etc.. i git few codes.. up073 control module request, p2544 toeqye managemt request and p0700 transmission control request This last time only code was p0700 .. desparate for help..im in the whole 1700$ and broke. I cant afford to keep throwing parts at it. Any help is greatly appreciated

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this happened to me the other day but it was because i was using scantool.nets bluetooth obd. i forgot i left it in and started the truck and got everything you got. transmission starting in second gear. for your problem i would clean the grounds in engine bay and maybe change brake pedal position sensor as added insurance

TahoeTX

Reaction score
It's probably your battery ground cable/mount points. I had a similar issue with the flashing messages, door lock/unlock, and random shifting problems. I took it to the dealer and they said it was the electronic braking module and that'll be $800. Not knowing how to fix electrical issues I begrudgingly handed them my CC. Two weeks later the same issue came back and I was pissed. After searching through this forum I found people had similar issues. You can search for them but they'll recommend either replacing all of your battery cables or cleaning them. I just removed and wire brushed all of the negative cable mount points from the battery to the engine to the engine bay. After doing that the issue went away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792