EPIC 03 Tahoe road trip! 4500 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love long road trips, lived in the Colorado mountains for 4 years, traveled alot before kids.... Moab, Appalachian, never did alot of West coast... it's on the bucket list.

Truck looks good, except when the back wheel is missing...;)

I'll be taking my new denali for a trip here in a week, only a 6 hour trip, but then we go to Texas for a big bmx race, so that will be 10 hours. I would like to take it to Denali national park and take a pic in front of the sign..lolz 7500 miles, over 60 hours each way, driving thru the Canadian wilderness..yes please!!

Last edited:

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
We just drove our '06 Tahoe from Michigan to Alaska - 4600 miles. We've driven the Alaska Highway about 10 times and it's always a great trip. Lots of wildlife - brown and black bears, caribou, moose, bison, elk, fox, bobcats, wolves. We tend to drive fairly hard - 7 full 12 hour days of driving. It's good to be home. BTW, we got 19.6 mpg for the trip... and the Tahoe was flawless. It was nice the water pump went out a week before we launched on the trip!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just drove our '06 Tahoe from Michigan to Alaska - 4600 miles. We've driven the Alaska Highway about 10 times and it's always a great trip. Lots of wildlife - brown and black bears, caribou, moose, bison, elk, fox, bobcats, wolves. We tend to drive fairly hard - 7 full 12 hour days of driving. It's good to be home. BTW, we got 19.6 mpg for the trip... and the Tahoe was flawless. It was nice the water pump went out a week before we launched on the trip!
That sounds like an epic trip as well!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man. These are awesome road trip trucks! They are so comfy! I've not been on a really long road trip with mine. The last one I did was out to Vegas in the fall last year for a three day country music festival. But it's only about a 4 drive for me. But still comfy to roll to Vegas in. Exploring new places is the best part of road trips!

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I love road tripping through the West. We bought our Suburban specifically to pull a trailer so she's seen a LOT of road, from Denver (our home) to Washington State, to South Dakota (Sturgis), to Tucson, AZ, all over. About 20,000 miles in the 18 months we've owned her, most of that time she was pulling a trailer, too.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the Tahoe do for sleeping? IIRC the cargo area is just under 6' long with the 3rd row removed and the 2nd row folded up, correct?

No need to spend $$ on a hotel room when you're driving a vehicle as big as a Tahoe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne