Engine Swaps / Superchargers / Turbo Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suburbanguy89

Reaction score
what all should i look to do to get 600hp out of my 5.7 vortech at the wheels of my 99 burban?

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

naturally aspirated of coarse

OP
OP
M

MJEngineering

New England Tuning
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Damian, not sure if you are joking or not but that isn't possible. If you do want that much NA horse we can build you a LS engine, call or email for more info.

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey mike how much would a fresh built LS engine run and would i need to upgrade my trans? 2007 yukon SLT

OP
OP
M

MJEngineering

New England Tuning
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Rod the common starting point for performance done right is about 10 to 15 thousand dollars. This includes upgrades/replacement of the engine, transmission and supporting systems. This does not include rolling stock or brakes which are highly suggested. Depending on your goals and budget we can tailor your specific parts assembly, call or email and we can get into details. -Mike

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally a reputable place that is somewhat local to me in NJ and does these kinds of builds somewhat often. I am looking for somewhere to build my 06 denali in the next 6-12 months but want to educate myself 100% on what would be going on. My power goal is about 550-600whp.

I have an idea of what a blower/cam vs h/c/i bottle setup will be run but the biggest thing i am still looking for more information about is how much these drivelines will handle and what people do? I know I have the 65le but theyre only good for about >400~whp in out 6k awd trucks. So am I better off just building it or building an 80le to replace whats in there now? What exactly goes into these built auto trans setups. This is all new to me. I know a huge trans cooler is a must but what else would you use to build a trans

I also saw someone who has an 80le and a selectable 4wd. I know I would loose my awd but would that be hard to do. I rwd truck with that much power would be awesome! and I would still have the ability to throw it in 4. It would probably increase mpg's too. what is your opinion about that?

-Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MJEngineering

New England Tuning
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Gary would love to help you out please give me a call or email me both are far better to reach me than here. I'm not a fan of using the 4l80 transmissions unless absolutely necessary, they are power eaters and have awkward gearing.

Whatever you come up with for desired power and budget we can do and have done before. We have 4 lifts and the dyno and can get competitive rates on pretty much any part you can think of. Keep in touch, Mike

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a plan of doing a Cummins swap but after my back fusion I'm not sure if that will be in the cards anymore. I might as well think of doing a stroke and a charger or turbo.