Engine hot ac off on dic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08tahoels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
08 tahoe ls with 4.8l about a year of owning the truck out of no where i get the indication on my DIC engine hot ac off... Temp gaugestops working and fans kick on high by the the time i got home the check light came on it threw code p1601 for ECT out of range or not working

I start doing my research and find out there really no true answer to this problem except change the thermostat and ETC sensor....

I change both put fresh fluid reset the code and 1 week later it came back on but no check light this time so i take it to the shop and put on a scannner and it doesnt show anything abnormal the temp of the truck was spot on IAT was reading correct no codes stored in the BCM so he rest all yhe modules in the truck 2 days later it message came back on no check light i take it back scanner shows the samething and the truck resets itself after about 6 plus hrs of being shot off

Shop came to the conclusion maybe the computer needs a update i take it to the dealer and my ECM is up to date so they look for a block heater doesnt have one im in california master tech at chevy says i have no idea i never had this problem buy another ECM reflash it that should work, been dealing with this for the past 2 months and been getting by, by pulling the battery cable off and reset the code if im driving for the day,

Finally both CEL and DIC message came on took it back to the shop and put it on the scanner and it shows the IAT and ECT reading correctly eveb though the temp gauge is off, now the shop is saying its loosing signal some where leaning towards the fuse box in enginebay and its tripping the truck out to make it think its over heating but actually isnt now they want to wire the ect straight to power without it going threw the fuse box to fix problem, the shop doesnt know the problem, the dealer has no idea claims this never happen before lol

Id like to see if anyone else has been through this at all and what fix your problem any advice would be appreciatee before i do the direct wire and im still thinking its going to show up again...truck has 150k miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout