Energy suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need new bushings in my front end so I figured I'd go with Energy Suspension for the bushings. I know you have to reuse most of the hardware with these, but has anyone had issues installing them? And most importantly are they worth the effort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdgarM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im in the process of installing a whole master kit set. I just did the rear leaf spring bushings two weeks ago and I have to say, unless you use a torch to get them out, you will need a hydraulic press. I tried using a ball joint press and it did not work, so I ended up forking out $130 for a 12 ton press from Harbor Freight and it was just right. I would advice against the 6 ton, or against buying anything from there, but desperate times.... For the front, you may get away with not needing a press since some WD-40 will make it easier, so add it the night before you intend to get them out in order to give the WD-40 plenty of time to get all the way in. Makes life a lot easier.

Are they worth it? I think they are since stock bushings will cost almost the same. Be careful when ordering the sway bar bushings. Make sure you get the right size. My master kit came with bushings for a 32mm sway bar, and mine is 30mm. Not sure why, since its 4x4. Just an FYI.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in the process of installing a whole master kit set. I just did the rear leaf spring bushings two weeks ago and I have to say, unless you use a torch to get them out, you will need a hydraulic press. I tried using a ball joint press and it did not work, so I ended up forking out $130 for a 12 ton press from Harbor Freight and it was just right. I would advice against the 6 ton, or against buying anything from there, but desperate times.... For the front, you may get away with not needing a press since some WD-40 will make it easier, so add it the night before you intend to get them out in order to give the WD-40 plenty of time to get all the way in. Makes life a lot easier.

Are they worth it? I think they are since stock bushings will cost almost the same. Be careful when ordering the sway bar bushings. Make sure you get the right size. My master kit came with bushings for a 32mm sway bar, and mine is 30mm. Not sure why, since its 4x4. Just an FYI.

Thanks man good info, Im taking Tuesday thru Sunday off to do them, may not need that much time, but I don't want to rush it and I want extra time in case I run into issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98