Eliminate Autoride Message light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't believe it. I have been trying to figure this out for over 3 years. I tried everything other than reprogramming my BCM. I went to my truck after reading this thread, and sure enough it worked. you guys ROCK!
oh and for the record, my 00 tahoe, had no fuse labeled RTD. I accounted for all fuses other than 1, a 30 amp fuse just above the headlight relay (facing from driver side fender), against the edge of the fuse block facing the battery. I pulled it, and sure enough, that was the fuse.

tatzoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows this fuse is also for the speed sensitive steering.

^^^^^^^

I'm pretty sure this is correct! I have an 2002 Escalade with same stuff... "Service Ride Control" in message center. Tried pulling RTD fuse and "Service Stability Control" comes on in message center and it drives like sh*t all of a sudden...

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine pulled for over two almost three years now no problem. As long as you pull the battery cable first.

Kady

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't believe it. I have been trying to figure this out for over 3 years. I tried everything other than reprogramming my BCM. I went to my truck after reading this thread, and sure enough it worked. you guys ROCK!
oh and for the record, my 00 tahoe, had no fuse labeled RTD. I accounted for all fuses other than 1, a 30 amp fuse just above the headlight relay (facing from driver side fender), against the edge of the fuse block facing the battery. I pulled it, and sure enough, that was the fuse.

If my owners manual for my 00 LT is correct, that is the RTD fuse... I'll let you know after I head out and pull it myself to disable my Autoride.

dhoyoss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Worked on a 2001 Suburban 2500 8.1L with autoride....

Installed new shocks...Got annoying error on dash...Did the same as others....Disconnect Negative side, then removed Fuse, and then reconnected Negative. Started burb...No more annoying errors!!!! Thanks to everyone, saved me time and money!!!!

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will pulling that fuse also disable stability? my compressor is out but stabilitrak is fine.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried it again this evening and it worked out perfect this time. Just pulled the fuse and when I hooked the battery back up the message was gone and the A/C was still blowing cold this time. Thanks guys.

Mine did this also. First time front air stopped blowing cold. Second time all was well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094