Eliminate Autoride Message light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me defeat the Autoride warning message on my 2001 Tahoe LT? I ditched the Autoride system for regular shocks.

Arnott Industries sells a Coil Spring and Shock Conversion kit that includes something called a "Spoofer" that gets wired into the Autoride controller. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Spoofer.gif

Someone just said to pull the RTD fuse. I've heard conflicting reports on whether this works. Is there a sequence to it? I also heard about putting resistors on the Autoride sensor inputs???

Thanks!
Warrlac

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just wanna disable it, pull the Neg on the battery and then pull the RTD fuse under the hood. Hook the Neg back up and you wont have any more error message.

OP
OP
warrlac

warrlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What else does pulling the RTD fuse do?

Thanks for the quick feedback!!

I can't help but wonder what else is being disabled when the RTD fuse is pulled?

Put another way, why would someone go to the trouble to "spoof" the Autoride controller even when the autoride shocks and sensors are removed?

Maybe I can download an OEM repair manual on-line?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Pulling the rtd fuse has no ill-effects other than disabling the autoride system.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Not when properly power cycled. Mine has been off forever.

05whitenali

Reaction score
When I pulled my RTD fuse the service ride control message stopped coming up but my A/C would only blow hot air. Then as soon as I put the fuse back in the A/C started blowing cold again?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The two should not be connected. I know myself, Max and others have pulled the fuse and eliminated the autoride completely with no adverse effects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low