Electric tilt steering wheel stuck in down position 10 Escalade ESV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowana

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post on the Forum and I am posting as I can't seem to find a thread with my issue. I just purchased a used ESV from a local dealer (10) days ago and everything was working fine. I also asked for a copy of the service work that they had performed prior to the sale. In the information was a notation about the power tilt wheel being stuck in the bottom position and that they had checked the motor for the tilt, adjusted the switch and then cleaned the column and lubricated as required and all was well.
Here we are 10 days later and it is stuck in the bottom position again. I will be calling the dealer in the morning but he is 2 hours away.
Has anybody experienced this problem before and if so is it a common issue and how are you resolving the problem if not returning to the dealer? I do as much work on my stuff as possible and if there is a simple inexpensive fix I may tackle that rather than spend a day at the dealership.
Thank you all in advance for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs