Electric Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was asking him since it's his write up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I found after lots of research, planning, and searching amazon, I found that I would most likely need two electric fans, a shroud, and a wiring harness. I found a 14 inch ProComp electric fan for $18 that would fit great on the radiator and had a low draw, a wiring harness for $50 that would would allow me to control what temperature the fans run at, and be able to run two fans, and for the shrouds I took two drip pans, cut one edge off of each and riveted them together. the drip pans were $7 each plus $5 shipping. so now I have all the components, and this is how it went together.

Ok, I don't know what happened, the first time I clicked the link for the wiring harness, it brought me to one for $145! Looked like the prices had sky-rocketed since the original post. The next time it brought me to a different page with one for like $28. :wtf:

The price for the Proomp fans seemed to have gone up too. Your link now brings you to a page for a 16" fan, and the price is $65 each. Looking at your install, I won't be able to use those, because the tab on each side would force the outer tabs to hang off the shroud. Unless I could turn them one way or the other to allow for clearance. Wouldn't look as be as pretty as your's, but the flat edge is at the bottom, and noone would see that anyway. Hayden makes a 14" fan though, sells for about $60. These would be perfect, and if they sell a similar design in a 16" fan, I could probably fit them on the drip pans.

Unless I missed it, you didn't provide dimensions on the drip pans. These look like the right ones, but I want to confirm the size though.

I don't know what you used for your fan controller, but this one seems like it would work, and it's adjustable, so I could run a little cooler if I choose. Don't see how the hell I can adjust it though! :wtf:Must be the white dot in the blue square.

Then ofcourse I need that Rigid industries harness at the top.

If that is all I need, and I figured it out correctly, that will put me at right around $200. Ok. I think that's all the questions I have for you at this time! :waytogo:

OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know what happened, the first time I clicked the link for the wiring harness, it brought me to one for $145! Looked like the prices had sky-rocketed since the original post. The next time it brought me to a different page with one for like $28. :wtf:

The price for the Proomp fans seemed to have gone up too. Your link now brings you to a page for a 16" fan, and the price is $65 each. Looking at your install, I won't be able to use those, because the tab on each side would force the outer tabs to hang off the shroud. Unless I could turn them one way or the other to allow for clearance. Wouldn't look as be as pretty as your's, but the flat edge is at the bottom, and noone would see that anyway. Hayden makes a 14" fan though, sells for about $60. These would be perfect, and if they sell a similar design in a 16" fan, I could probably fit them on the drip pans.

Unless I missed it, you didn't provide dimensions on the drip pans. These look like the right ones, but I want to confirm the size though.

I don't know what you used for your fan controller, but this one seems like it would work, and it's adjustable, so I could run a little cooler if I choose. Don't see how the hell I can adjust it though! :wtf:Must be the white dot in the blue square.

Then ofcourse I need that Rigid industries harness at the top.

If that is all I need, and I figured it out correctly, that will put me at right around $200. Ok. I think that's all the questions I have for you at this time! :waytogo:

The drip pans dimension are 17-1/2 x 25 3/4 x1 and are now $15 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BQSLAO/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the link for the fan controller. It now cost $53 and is adjustable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CN4XZI/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the link for the 14" fans they now cost $31

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003U7UR3A/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I not had any problems with this setup since I installed it and would recommend all of these components. If you go with different fans I would stick with 14" because the move plenty of air and fit well.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much brother! I have put all these items in my wish list on Amazone, for when I get ready to order. I defintely prefer electric fans over clutch fans. That's a good bit of weight sticking off the front end of the motor. Electric fans give an engine bay a much cleaner look. I think when I do it though, I'm going to paint the back/exposed side. They look great in your setup, I just want a little more original look.

So with this setup, does it run like a typical OEM system? Like were one fan is running, and the other kicks on when the AC does?

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It normally kicks on around 185 and you see instant temp differences. but that varies because the probe is measuring the temp at the radiator which is sometime different from the motor. so sometimes they come on a little hotter. I want to get a temp gauge that measures the temp at the radiator so I can judge it better. I also want to add a switch so I can manually turn them on and have a switch so i can sometime turn them off when they aren't actually needed.

I'm using all the same components you are but I'm confused on how you said you wired it, and how the manufacturer says to, theirs makes no sense can you help? e03c733a712df9da89727f3e54bd4323.jpg81c227156e50725442d4237bc2ba0830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk