Efans and dual battery setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I was going to do a dual battery setup simply because I have a a battery just sitting in my second tray. Then I talked myself out of it because I didn't really feel I had a need for it. So last week me and the old lady were rollin around in 99 degree weather and the AC just wasn't cutting it, so after searching the forums I figured I would do the Efans going along with thehulk's write up on it and using the same parts. Since I was doing that I figured I would go ahead and add in the dual battery setup and run all my other lights, amp and fans on to it. So just going to post some pics of my progress and see how it goes, any advice or input is appreciated...8eac056fc9baeebdc4d0979b96a67db7.jpg this is just a mock up, can't do too much more until the fans arrive today, luckily I'm off so I can take it slow, and I'm in no real rush, so I'll be doing a few mock ups before I actually install everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fans finally showed up, got the holes cut, and installed the fans, fan control, battery isolator, and 200 amp fuse block. Not a whole lot left to do except wire it all in and make my new power and ground cables05cd6c663593a7a61079cee9d3c62255.jpg

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a link to the original write up? I can't seem to find it

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a month or so with the Efans here's my take on them:
Overall pretty cool, however if you live anywhere where it's hot and humid they will not cool that good in traffic, especially with the Ac on. With my regular 11 blade fan my temp never went above 190, with the Efans it goes to about 210. That makes me nervous.
They did however make a big difference on the AC cooling, that honestly was the reason for me to even do the fans!
At some point soon I'll be relocating my fan controller and getting it off of the shroud. It just gets too hot on the shroud and I'll be trying to find somewhere else to mount my battery solenoid. I think the Efans are cool but they just don't cool enough for my liking. But I'll keep them and I think coupled with an HD radiator will do the trick for me in the summertime. So here's my honest advice: if you decide to run Efans, get a bigger radiator first then it will be perfect! Being able to set the on and off temp for the fans is great. Just make sure at the least you're running a bigger alternator, and you do the Big Four upgrade. Any questions, feel free to ask

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts