edit light settings beyond information center?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the light settings beyond what we can set in the information center?
I would like to change a LOT of mine...
Things like the length of time before the interior lights go dim, or when, and how long the puddle lights come on...
I would like if ANYTIME a door is opened, the puddle lights come on and STAY on for a while....
Even the 90 seconds for the headlights to stay on it too short for my taste, 3 minutes seems closer to correct....

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Puddle lifts are non adjustable as far as I can tell. Unless there is some way to reprogram them within the body control module. Or rewire the puddle lights so they are tied into the dome light.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reprogramming the body control module sounds more like what I want to do....

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a tech II scanner than i would assume you would have to have a dealership or a shopping with a tech II do it. But I could be wrong.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that seems to be what I have learned reading online, but, even with a Tech2 scanner can I CHANGE the settings to more than 'normal' or not? I have a buddy that can get his hands on a Tech2, but, will I be able to use it for what I want?