Economy issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im getting around 11.5 in my Tahoe and i have exhaust, air filter stuff like that and it won't go up im not ******* the engine and i regularly use injector cleaners, fuel system cleaners and it still stays at 11.5 any tips?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
How many miles?

Plugs, wires in good shape?

What type of driving do you do?

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
141,560 shop put new ignition wires in when they were doing the body module work because they accidentally broke them. mainly city
How many miles?

Plugs, wires in good shape?

What type of driving do you do?

kbuskill

Reaction score
141,560 shop put new ignition wires in when they were doing the body module work because they accidentally broke them. mainly city

When were the plugs changed last?

The recommended service interval on plugs is 100,000 miles.

Air filter clean?

Tires inflated to proper pressure?

O2 sensors good I assume.

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K&N i do it every spring so it was done like 2 weeks ago, i would assume plugs were done, and tires are all at 38 PSI, no codes for 02 sensors
When were the plugs changed last?

The recommended service interval on plugs is 100,000 miles.

Air filter clean?

Tires inflated to proper pressure?

O2 sensors good I assume.

kbuskill

Reaction score
I would pull at least 1 or 2 plugs and check to see what type they are and what they look like.

Someone could have put cheap (non platinum/ non iridium) plugs in to save a few bucks amd they will not last nearly as long.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Royal Purple Max Clean. It's the only injector cleaner that I've used that was worth a crap. It's got some awesome reviews

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull at least 1 or 2 plugs and check to see what type they are and what they look like.

Someone could have put cheap (non platinum/ non iridium) plugs in to save a few bucks amd they will not last nearly as long.
That would surprise me we go to one shop always uses high quality Acdelco parts.

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Royal Purple Max Clean. It's the only injector cleaner that I've used that was worth a crap. It's got some awesome reviews
the only one that i've seen is redline that worked, ill get on amazon a little later and check it out.