Ebay lights and billet grille?? Cleaned up front end!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm cleaning up my truck a little and need some advice. I'm interested in purchasing some clear lights. But i've heard that the "ebay" lights are crappy and ONLY go with TYC. I haven't found any place that sells TYC and everyone else seems to be running the ebay ones. I'm not gonnabe putting HID's or anything like that in there and i DON'T want the projectors because i do't think they produce enough light.

ALSO, what about a billet grille? wheredo you guys get them. Ebay?? if so, how is installation?

Mike ((P))

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You make it sound as if "Ebay" is a "store" that only sells one brand. I purchase a lot of items from Ebay, but only after doing some homework. There are some great billet grills and lighting up there if you know what you want. Try searching this forum for lighting first and then go from there.

Reaction score
Got my headlights ,corner lights, and grill from ebay. The headlights and corner lights don't seem cheap at all. The grill was just one of those things. I was just browsing for yukon parts, and found it just by chance. It wasnt a store selling it, it was a personal listing by somebody. Got a $200 grill for $20. Its a precision grill btw.

Instlilation is very simple for just a plain bolt-up grill. Even if you have to take your grill off its really simple. Everything on the front end is just held on by push pins or clips.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You make it sound as if "Ebay" is a "store" that only sells one brand. I purchase a lot of items from Ebay, but only after doing some homework. There are some great billet grills and lighting up there if you know what you want. Try searching this forum for lighting first and then go from there.

Yes my friend i'm well aware that "Ebay" is not a "store". I'll clarify my question for those who may be confused. My request is to know whether people used name brand items for their clear lights and grilles OR did they get the generic items that were sold on there.

I too purchase MANY items from ebay. I do a lot of custom bathroom and kitchens for customers and rehab rel estate. I get many if not most of my fixtures from ebay (generic)

I also i have a boosted scion tC in which i look for parts on ebay(name brand). sorry about any confusion.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the ebay lenses and HIDs and I dont have any issues with the reflector peeling or any melting at all.

OP
OP
E

EpicRasta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have the ebay lenses and HIDs and I dont have any issues with the reflector peeling or any melting at all.

cool, well, i'm gonna get the ebay generic headlamps and later on I may to HID's. i had HID's in my scion tC for a year and they crapped out on me twice. They were supposed to be a "high quality" brand...but i'm sure they're just like everyone esles. HID's are all marketing IMHO, everyone SAYS they're products are "the best" when they're really all the same manufacturer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher