eBay headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the long tubes and exhaust done today it was a 7hr ass kicker for various reasons and that was in a professional shop on a lift.

FYI the clamps that come with the Speed engineering long tubes suck
Just order 7 stainless dynomax 33272 to replace all the crap clamps that can with the headers and cat back.

I've got several exhaust leaks and need to retorqued the headers but it sounds mean hopefully after I get the leaks fixed I can post up a decent video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out Marman clamps. I'm thinking about changing all the connecting parts of my exhaust with them. They came from spaceflight so u know they don't leak lol..the install seems interestimg too since it doesn't take much force for them to seal. I have 2 sets of band clamps and don't like either of them.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/262837735759

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Marman clamps. I'm thinking about changing all the connecting parts of my exhaust with them. They came from spaceflight so u know they don't leak lol..the install seems interestimg too since it doesn't take much force for them to seal. I have 2 sets of band clamps and don't like either of them.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/262837735759

What kind of a fit do you have at your exhaust connections that you need $24 clamps to fix? Aren't those for connecting 2 pieces of pipe with cut ends instead of slip fittings ?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of a fit do you have at your exhaust connections that you need $24 clamps to fix? Aren't those for connecting 2 pieces of pipe with cut ends instead of slip fittings ?
I have dynatech's y pipe and the connections are slip fit. Their band clamps are $25 ea and hard as hell to get them to seal. The problem is they rely on the clamp to complete the seal. I want to cut all the connecting pipe and replace it with marmans.

I talked to an exhaust shop and they said there is always going to be some level of leak with a clamp and slip fit. I want it fixed and the new trans is a Lil bulky so if they weld the pipe I won't be able to drop the pan..hint..bd56958db779dbfd74762e79988034de.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
brotten

brotten

Reaction score

I don't think it's the slip fit pipes that are the issue I think it's the cheap clamps that came with the speed engineering long tube headers.
The way the clamps are designed when you tighten them it forces the tool off of the bolt and you can't tighten them all the way I'll post up some pictures when I get the new clamps with a before and after showing what the issue was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_6770.JPG The AR headers have connections at the back of the collectors that allow the downpipes to be moved in a circle until they line up right and then you tighten down the two plates that pull the joint together, and then there's 2 slip fittings total but they fit perfect and the clamps definitely seal the fitting. They sent a stainless band clamp and I had to buy one more where one of the pipes connects to my stock exhaust. This is the type I used, just like the one AR sent. It's only $8 for a stainless one, $6 for a galvanized. PS congrats on the 4L80.
s-l1600.png

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 179807 The AR headers have connections at the back of the collectors that allow the downpipes to be moved in a circle until they line up right and then you tighten down the two plates that pull the joint together, and then there's 2 slip fittings total but they fit perfect and the clamps definitely seal the fitting. They sent a stainless band clamp and I had to buy one more where one of the pipes connects to my stock exhaust. This is the type I used, just like the one AR sent. It's only $8 for a stainless one, $6 for a galvanized. PS congrats on the 4L80.
s-l1600.png
My header to you pipe has a similar connection. Very strong connection, but my y pipe looks like Ray Charles sized the pipes. I have some of those clamps, but the gap was so big the pipe just slid out..pun intended lol. I need to have a garage clean out. More stuff I can't use.

The 4l80 is in, but I got autocal issues so it's not up and running yet or I'm not sure it's taking the tune...to be continued.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Speed Engineering Y-pipe has a regular slip fitting; I checked them out when I was considering buying them. If you look close at the AR they use a type of ball and socket type where the headers connect to the downtubes. (I don't have a Y-pipe on my Denali). But I did pay through the ass for them unfortunately.

img_6773-jpg.86679

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts