eBay headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brotten

Reaction score
Anyone one have any suggestions on eBay long tube headers? I know I've read somewhere that the speed engineering are supposed to be good but there are several options for $100 less that have 4 o2 bungs on then that look just as good.
Does anyone know if you can run the headers with all 4 o2 sensors and avoid an immediate tune after install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn`t want to try a set of $100 headers from ebay unless you have the means to alter them due to any fitment issues you will probably run into with cheap parts.

Speed engineering headers are cheap compared to other manufacturers and from what i have read about them they`re a good quality header that bolt right up without any problems. A little extra money spent on good parts outweighs the frustration of making crappy parts fit correctly.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn`t want to try a set of $100 headers from ebay unless you have the means to alter them due to any fitment issues you will probably run into with cheap parts.

Speed engineering headers are cheap compared to other manufacturers and from what i have read about them they`re a good quality header that bolt right up without any problems. A little extra money spent on good parts outweighs the frustration of making crappy parts fit correctly.
Words to live by..you get what u pay for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might get lucky and they will fit great or you'll have issues, like others have said this is one of those times you get what you pay for

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the eBay headers an apples-to-apples comparison? I mean, are you comparing the eBay headers (headers only) to a package from SE that includes the Y-pipe? Are the eBay headers the same material (thickness included)? I don't see how anyone could offer such headers any cheaper than SE. If so, I'd be leery of the quality and/or fitment. I wouldn't be surprised if they're a knock-off or even the same ones but without the Y-pipe.

As far as having bungs for all four O2 sensors, that doesn't matter if there's no catalytic converters between the up- and down-stream pairs. The engine should run just fine because the upstream pair of sensors are what monitor the A:F ratio. You'd have to get a tune to turn off the catalyst efficiency codes from the downstream (AKA "rear") O2 sensors. The purpose of providing the bungs for the downstream sensors is to have a place to screw in the original sensors and so they'd still be functional such as for the heating elements in them. They'll work like stock, but report that the catalyst system is inefficient (because it's non-existent, duh!). You should get a tune anyway to take advantage of the extra flow provided by the headers.

OP
OP
brotten

brotten

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks for the input
Just pulled the trigger on
Speed eng. headers
Elcheapo CAI (only care about the tub)
Bolt on eBay exhaust kit with "mellow" tone SS muffler
Plus new tires and leveling kit
This stuff should be here and on the truck in the next two weeks then as soon as I get the tranny replaced will be scheduling with justune or kc max for the tune
Still trying to decided on what tranny and torque converter to get if you all have any input
I'd like a higher than factory stall
And a little beefed up tranny but still want the truck to feel like a truck and still be able to tow

OP
OP
brotten

brotten

Reaction score
5a6084b42b199549d44e1a307a2fab44.jpg
Here's what it looked like after I dropped it in august of 2014
Truck spent nearly 3 years as a low rider.
But I got bored with that setup and grew tired of bottoming out all the time so after considering selling the truck I decided to give it new life with a slight lift and new bark.
I'll keep you guys posted as the current setup progresses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
5a6084b42b199549d44e1a307a2fab44.jpg
Here's what it looked like after I dropped it in august of 2014
Truck spent nearly 3 years as a low rider.
But I got bored with that setup and grew tired of bottoming out all the time so after considering selling the truck I decided to give it new life with a slight lift and new bark.
I'll keep you guys posted as the current setup progresses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What color is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos