Ebay front end repair kit

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by Bonestock, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Bonestock

Bonestock Full Access Member

Name:
    David
  2. Chubbs

Chubbs Full Access Member

Name:
    Joe
    everybody likes a good bargain. The problem is all of the labor/tools/time required for front suspension/steering R&R. It's hard to say how long cheap Chinese grade parts will hold-up and nobody wants to turn around and replace a lower ball joint again after 6 months. At least with the more expensive, name brand parts you have confidence that it will last a long time, not to mention the consumer reviews and positive feedback that goes with it. I haven't always had the best of luck with even the most expensive ball joints in stock; after having to rent & borrow certain tools over & over, then spend hours upon hours replacing said parts when I would rather be doing anything else I just assume go for the best quality possible in these instances. But good luck and keep us in the loop on longevity issues.

swathdiver likes this.
  3. inmypassatlife

inmypassatlife Full Access Member

Name:
    Nan Doh!
    Have about 12k on mine, no issues...another member here recommended them and they had 20k miles at the time.

4. ivin74

ivin74 05 Yukon Denali

Name:
    Ivan

X2, i've done that once or twice

5. inmypassatlife

inmypassatlife Full Access Member

Name:
    Nan Doh!
    Moog is China made as well, the problem solver is at least made in Taiwan which has stricter quality control.

6. Chubbs

Chubbs Full Access Member

Name:
    Joe
    I've ever used Moog's parts.

most of my limited experience turning wrenches is with imports and I always chose Lemforder when available. They are also OEM for most of your German & British chassis components. Bosch & Lemforder.

I started trying to use NAPA since they have a hub with unlimited stock located right up the street from me, but I had a bad stretch of faulty ball joints, gaskets, & bearings through their trade name so I completely stopped using NAPA parts 2-years ago.

I've already been researching R&R for just about everything on the Yukon and I'm about 90% on the AC Delco. Moog has their "problem solver" supposed upgrades which isn't a bad choice but I still don't think that it would be my 1st.
    That's a good tidbit though; the p/s being manufactured in Taiwan, their QC & whatnot. I have never heard or seen any literature on that topic but I will look it up.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. mattt

mattt Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    Subscribing to replies. I need most of those parts on my 04 Z71 w/ 252k.