Easy on the budget exhaust upgrade.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
So I'm new the forum and not real mechanically inclined but learning for knowledge sake and to save money not having to take things to the shop.

Anyhow...question is that I have stock exhaust on my 98 Tahoe 4dr which I believe, if I'm saying it right, is dual in/single out....is there a bolt on way to convert to dual in/dual out or am I looking at sending to shop to have it done..?

Update: once again, did a little digging and found the info I needed.

Last edited:

1995Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found the info you needed. I'm planning on doing headers ($115) into straight 3" pipe ($200?) with single chamber mufflers ($56/pair). Hope it sounds nice when I'm done. There's so many different ways exhaust can be done to make a different tone/resonance/sound/performance. I'm no expert, still a novice, but just sharing.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An easy budget friendly method would be to just get dual in single out muffler and just replace the muffler

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I will most likely be doing a muffler with turn downs as close to the axle as possible or a single in single out and connect to factory exhaust to rear exit with aftermarket tip. I'm still debating doing a single or dual tip and locating the tip either behind wheel on side or rear exit under bumper. With parts and charge to use the welder I have access to will be around 150$ if I go that route. If I do turn downs it will be 100$ish.

OP
OP
KenpoFish

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Still needing some help in which direction to look. I have found all kinds of bolt on cat back systems but not a dual out system like I'm wanting.

I like the looks of this.....

image.jpeg

But I can't find a bolt on system for my 98 4dr. Am I going to have to have shop custom do it..?

EdgarM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dual magnaflow exhaust with single side exit. The cats are the magnaflow 23453, which uses 2 1/4" tubing. Kept the stock adapter plates and used 2 1/4" tubing to the magnaflow 11386 "X" muffler and out back. It is quiet compared to most trucks but has a nice low rumble when I floor it. Will be a bit louder once I add some shorty headers. Barely any drone inside and that is what matters to me most since it is my daily driver.

cats.png

muffler.png

truck.png

Ricky bobby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a few questions myself. I got a set of custom headers that will fit my small block and I'm going to run duels and weld them myself but I'm wondering where would be the best place to tap in my sensor? Also what brand / model sounds the best on these small blocks? I'm on a budget but if a few extra bucks gets me a better sound / performance I'll take the hit. Here's a pic of the headers, I'll get them sand blasted and wrapped but their used and cheap. I'll post after pics

IMG_1020.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094