Eastern PA Dyno day: Pottstown PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, me and my son got burnt up. Neck and face are fried. Had a good time. Drove around today burning up that old fuel getting ready for next time lol.

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... Ok. But dont refill it TILL next year. Bte..the j&b guys said u should be able to fit on the dyno.

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Hahaha... Ok. But dont refill it TILL next year. Bte..the j&b guys said u should be able to fit on the dyno.

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!

I wanna see this. Mainly all the other guys reactions as those big ass tires start spinning!

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Joe from J &b had the yellow truck on the dyno before

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Ha thanks man, I didnt even know he took this! You can hear the sound alot better in this video. Thanks larry!!!

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha thanks man, I didnt even know he took this! You can hear the sound alot better in this video. Thanks larry!!!

Oh yeah.
. If its got wheels, zlumlord (george) will take a pic of it (or vid)

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Its wierd, so the data we wrote down was max hp 265.9 but the video shows 303, hmm wonder where 265.9 came from....I thought torque was 323. Hmmm.....

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre correction. George was videoing before the corrected number was calculated. No... Idk exactly what that means... But the recorded nimbers for everyone was "CORRECTED."

LTXtech.com is my DRUG!

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

BEST EXPLAINATION I COULD FIND

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) numbers are corrected for Barometric pressure, relative humidity, and air temp... there may be one more factor I have forgotten, but you can Google it if it really matters. The atmospheric conditions (and subsequently engine output) are "corrected" to a standard value set by SAE using those environmental parameters in an attempt to factor out atmospheric conditions when comparing engine output.

For example: you go to the dyno in the winter time when the air is dry and cool on a nice day (high barometric pressure). You get a dyno graph with STD numbers and Corrected numbers. Then 6 mos later you go back to the SAME dyno (assuming it is calibrated and well maintained and you haven't changed anything), the weather is very different - raining (high humidity, low barometric pressure, moderate temps). The Corrected numbers "should" be the same while your STD numbers will be a little lower. There is a margin of error in the formula, which is why I say "should".

I believe the formula attempts to correct atmospheric conditions to reflect 1 atmosphere at 70*F with 50% relative humidity. I'm not positive on those numbers, but they're in the ball park. So, the reason your Corrected numbers were lower is because one or more of the atmospheric variables was better than the SAE standard value ( it was cooler, or higher baro pressure, or lower humidity, etc). So, to "correct" your engine output, the formula spit out a value less than 1. If it were the other way around and the temperature was hotter than the standard and it was more humid, the STD number would be lower, and you would see a correction value greater than 1.