E fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right spot to ask this question but I have a 01 Tahoe I won't to do e fans what year model can I get the fans from and is it a hard swap

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right spot to ask this question but I have a 01 Tahoe I won't to do e fans what year model can I get the fans from and is it a hard swap
I know they started putting them in the 05 Suburbans and Tahoes. I also think they started putting them in the 03 Escalades. If you get the fans from a donor, try to get the fan harness with relays also going all the way to the pcm. You'll need a tuner to turn them on through the pcm. Hopefully if I'm wrong someone will jump in. I grabbed a set from an 05 Tahoe and bought the harness from ls1 fans, which I read in another thread might not be that great of an idea. I've yet to install my setup yet.

OP
OP
boomboom baker

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they started putting them in the 05 Suburbans and Tahoes. I also think they started putting them in the 03 Escalades. If you get the fans from a donor, try to get the fan harness with relays also going all the way to the pcm. You'll need a tuner to turn them on through the pcm. Hopefully if I'm wrong someone will jump in. I grabbed a set from an 05 Tahoe and bought the harness from ls1 fans, which I read in another thread might not be that great of an idea. I've yet to install my setup yet.
Do I need the radiator to

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not sure. My 03 originally came with the 4.8, now has the 6.0. Radiator cracked. Parts store told me 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 radiator sizes are all the same. Btw-i compared my old with the new and they we're the exact same size, width and length. I'd day just use your old judgement. But, measure yours and the donor's, just for piece of mind.

OP
OP
boomboom baker

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure. My 03 originally came with the 4.8, now has the 6.0. Radiator cracked. Parts store told me 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 radiator sizes are all the same. Btw-i compared my old with the new and they we're the exact same size, width and length. I'd day just use your old judgement. But, measure yours and the donor's, just for piece of mind.
Ok thanks my local pull a part is loaded with these truck going to get one this weekend

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

05+ across the board on the trucks for the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And your best bet in terms of wiring is grabbing the OEM fan harness the aftermarket ones have issues just google it there's tons of issues with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of your questions can be answered in my install thread that I did back when I installed Efans on my 2001. Including how to modify the 05-06 harness to work on a 2001 by adding an additional relay. I also show where to tap that extra relay in on the AC wire in order to have the fans triggered when the AC compressor kicks on.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/i-installed-e-fans-on-my-2001.28336/

Yes you will need the bigger 34"radiator if you do not already have it. If you have a 5.3 and the rear AC and factory towing package, odds are that you have the big radiator. If you have a 4.8, you might have the smaller 28" radiator. I'm not sure exactly what models came with them and what came with the smaller one.
But if for some reason you have the smaller one, just grab the radiator from the same truck you get the fans and harness from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman