Dumb Question - TCS Switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just realized that I don't seem to have a Traction Control switch in my 2003 Yukon SLT 4x4. I have the 5.3L Flex Fuel engine... is there a way to turn TCS off? Just odd to me - every car I have owned for the past 16 years has had one. Looked in the owner's manual and couldn't find anything.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same vehicle, no flex fuel though, and I don't have a traction control switch. I don't think it has traction control at all so you don't have to worry about turning it off. For example, in the winter I've never noticed the truck cut power to the wheels when I spin the tires or do donuts. I would love to know why some have traction control and some do not though.

OP
OP
A

Atrus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the reply. I haven't had mine in snow yet, so I haven't really had any experience with it. Glad to hear if it is present, it's not problematic.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not standard on all yukons in the GMT800 generation as I understand. i could be wrong, but from what I've seen, the SLTs that weren't optioned with auto ride were not optioned with traction control. There would be a small round button below and to the right of the stereo deck if you did have it. That's where mine is in my Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne