Ducks Unlimited Hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've been trying to figure this out for months, my hoe is no regular hoe. It's the 'Ducks Unlimited' outfitters edition. The only problem is; after moths of research I can find literally NOTHING about it as far as how many were made, options, etc. I would really like to know because my hoe is just a mix of every package out there. What i mean is it has some of the z71 options (skids, shocks, locker) but not all of them (no badges, diff wheels & interior).
So I was just wondering if anyone can help me, I would love to fine more info on my truck! Because to be honest, I've NEVER seen one like it.
Heres some specs:
1999 LS 4 door 4WD
- Pewter paint/trim stripes/ DU logos
- 1 tone tan leather interior with embroidered ducks unlimited logos on freakin everything, but everything is stitched a little bit different...
- electronic 4wd
-3.42 rear end with G80 (the locker is gone now, but thats what it came with)
-16x8 american racing wheels
-color matched fender flares which i've never seen before, possibly z71 (also came with it)
-color matched bug shield with DU logo
-black tube side steps, and black tubular brush guard
-Barn doors
-there are not 4x4, z71 stickers anywhere.
It also has a 'conversion vehicle manufacturer' sticker on the back door.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ducks Unlimited TahoeDestined For The Great OutdoorsTruly one of the most versatile vehicles available, the Chevrolet Tahoe has been openly embraced by enthusiast owners and aftermarket companies. Modifications have taken the Tahoe in multiple directions, either elevating the truck's street performance or off-road prowess, while enhancing the appearance and interior comfort. We've seen more than our share of transformed Tahoes, and we must say that the Ducks Unlimited Tahoe stands out among the best of them.
Partnering with conservation organization Ducks Unlimited, Chevrolet built the outdoors sportsperson's dream rig with rugged looks, useful features, clever details, and respectable restraint. Brawny 305/70R16 Goodyear M/T tires on 16x7.0-inch wheels complement the winch housing, while Westin side-step bars and export-market fender flares offer a handsome off-road-ready appearance. PIAA driving lights, skid plate, and two tow hooks finish the front-end treatment. To the rear, auxiliary lights and a receiver hitch further reveal the truck's play-hard intentions. A clever, prototype roof-rack design incorporates full-width rollers to permit easy canoe loading.
Inside the rear doors is a large gun vault with a lockable drawer for shotguns and ammo, as well as a slide-out work surface. On top rests a collapsed Zodiac boat, which can be inflated with the included air compressor. This cargo space can also be used for hunting dogs, as it is closed off from the two-tone leather interior by a mesh gate.
Supple dark green and taupe cowhide enshrouds the seats and adorns door inserts. Naturally, Ducks Unlimited logos are stitched into the headrests and floor mats. En route to remote wilderness locations, passengers can enjoy video tapes or local TV broadcasts on a pop-down monitor that includes video/audio inputs for convenient camcorder playback.
Up front, the driver has access to an OnStar GPS navigation system featuring a Sony monitor. A choice of hot or cold beverages is available, courtesy of heated/chilled cupholders, as well as a removable "cooler" compartment.
The perfect ride for hunters, this ducky truck serves as a strong example of the Tahoe's potential when tastefully modified. More than that, it is an indication that Chevrolet may be looking to create a partnership much like Ford struck with Eddie Bauer.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/...evrolet_think_tank/viewall.html#ixzz1XNWw5PMy

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Hmm I liked atthe thought it thought it was gonna gave duck decals on it. so are you gonna lift it?

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I liked atthe thought it thought it was gonna gave duck decals on it. so are you gonna lift it?

Oddly enough, it's already about 1.5" higher that the average hoe. I dont know if the front is cranked, but I believe the rear leafs are slightly different. When my dad bought it ten years ago it had some massive tires on it, ( if you saw it in person, the fender flares are about 2 inches wider than the tires i have now) I made the choice for smaller more economical ties because of gas prices though. Those are the original wheels too. Also gone are the stock side steps and bull bar. They were an ugly black and rusted out quick. I'm pretty sire they were westin units though. There was a gun case under the back seat too, but I got rid of that. My favorite thing about it is all the questions I get! It's usually the same one everytime too; "why is there ducks everywhere?!" it's unique, I like it!

(but honestly, theres almost 20 duck heads embroidered/stickered on this thing)

-duckie :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That's great, Duckie. I wish mine had something like that.

I see my brother's old Yukon 2door driving around with it's blue paint and grey flares, and I think about how my old single color Hoe looks so forlorn. [sigh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh