Dual Zone Audio: Front Radio, Rear DVD possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011TXDenali

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a new owner of a 2011 Denali and am loving all the features. One question I have about the audio ... is it possible to have the DVD player audio come out of the rear speakers only while I have the FM radio or USB playing on the front speakers?

If it is, how would I go about doing this? Sorry for the lame question, the vehicle didn't come with a manual and a Google search didn't really help me either.

Thanks in advance!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I don't think so, but don't take my word for it as I swapped the head unit out for a CS GM1210.

As I recall you can listen to the rear audio through the headphones though while listening to something different up front.

I am sure someone else will chime in.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken is right, i think,...... lol. I dont have rear dvd but i have the rear radio control. Im pretty sure you can listen to either radio/cd/xm in the front and one or the other in the rear but it doesn’t split speakers front to rear it just mutes rear speakers and you need headphones connected, wirelessly or plugged in. I think i even tried to have a diff radio station on frnt/rear and thats a no go. I don’t really use it all that often so i may be wrong. Stupid imo

OP
OP
2011TXDenali

2011TXDenali

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys ... I ordered a set of 4 GM headphones along with a DVD player remote off Ebay for $84. https://www.ebay.com/itm/263039274994 if anyone else is interested. My wife is tired of hearing the Disney movies and not being able to listen to music up front. Hopefully these will make for some peaceful trips.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ken is right, i think,...... lol. I dont have rear dvd but i have the rear radio control. Im pretty sure you can listen to either radio/cd/xm in the front and one or the other in the rear but it doesn’t split speakers front to rear it just mutes rear speakers and you need headphones connected, wirelessly or plugged in. I think i even tried to have a diff radio station on frnt/rear and thats a no go. I don’t really use it all that often so i may be wrong. Stupid imo

This is how my 06 works. Headphones in back and speakers up front. 2 DIFFERENT sources. @Galante is right, the one downfall is you can't both listen to different FM stations.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 LTZ has the option to listen to whatever source you want in the front and back. My kids watch movies in the back via the DVD (and headphones) and my wife and I listen to the radio up front all at the same time. You just have to select your source in the front and in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011