Dual battery or hi output alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I heard somewhere that you could have your stock alt beefed up or something, can anyone confirm that?

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tops out of the original 105 amp small case alts is 140 to 155. Anymore than that and they wear out very quick and can over heat. Above 140 to 155 you have to go to a large case that can put out up to 220 if I remember right.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could get a dual or triple bracket and run 2-3 stock alts. The stock alts put out pretty good at idle. You could run 3 stock alts for the price of 1 ** alt and have WAY more output at idle. The stock alt is also cheap and reliable.

I would NOT have a factory alt hot wound or buy a rewound alt. You will be wasting your money as all of them I have seen put out less than the stock alt at idle and usually crap out quickly.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen them on the old TBI motors but the Vortec I have not either.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
You could get a dual or triple bracket and run 2-3 stock alts. The stock alts put out pretty good at idle. You could run 3 stock alts for the price of 1 ** alt and have WAY more output at idle. The stock alt is also cheap and reliable.

:pics-stfu:

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechman makes a dual, tejcurrent can make a dual/tripple, but it might take a little longer. I have Troys bracket and its excellent. Hit him up and ask him, if enough of you guys want one, I know he will make it.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Just spoke to Troy @ tejcurrent,
"will have one made up Monday or Tuesday for drivers, and next week for passengers. Maybe a few weeks after that on a production model, but it should roll out pretty quick."

So it is already in the works.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy