Dual alternator install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you give us more how to on the rest of the wiring like from the the oem alt. to the dc alt. to the batt.
how many batt are you running thanks bro ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
gibsonm21

gibsonm21

Reaction score
can you give us more how to on the rest of the wiring like from the the oem alt. to the dc alt. to the batt.
how many batt are you running thanks bro ,

If you're referring to the install wiring, it was the easiest part of the install. There are 3 wires, two of them go to the alt stud and the other is a ground.

If you're wanting to know about my overall wiring, I plugged the vehicle in to the old high output alt and ran 0 ga wiring from it to the stock battery( also did the big 3). That's the end of that alt story.

The second alt only runs my car audio. I have 1 CnD 100 AH battery (soon to be XS d3400) under my hood and 2 XS XP3000s in the back. I have 2 runs of positive and 2 runs of negative 0ga from the back batteries to my audio battery under the hood. I also did the big 3 on the audio battery under the hood. All of this for 2 Sundown 1500s.

Hopefully that answers your ?, if not, let me know.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i got a few more questions
1) you said you did 2 runs from the back to the batt under the hood.... is that right?
2) why 2 runs is that for more current flow?
3) are your rear audio batts connected to the front batt?

i know some of these questions are real dumb but i just need some clarity thanks

OP
OP
gibsonm21

gibsonm21

Reaction score
ok i got a few more questions
1) you said you did 2 runs from the back to the batt under the hood.... is that right?
2) why 2 runs is that for more current flow?

Yep, I have 2 runs of Pos & Neg. It helps with current flow. Definitely overkill for the amps I have in here now, but when I was running bigger amps, there was a noticeable improvement in my system voltage.

3) are your rear audio batts connected to the front batt?

Yep, The batteries I have under the hood are the only components I have actually grounded to the frame, everything else is powered from the batteries/grounded to the batteries (including the back batteries to the front battery). It keeps me from having to search my truck with a DMM looking for a good ground. Also consolidates my connection points and eliminates any chance for ground loops.

slogging

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is old but I want to do this but with probably two dc 320 alts together Gibsonm21 can you pm me your number so I can contact you on this matter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu