DTC P0300

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LandRanger, Feb 12, 2018.

1. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    This my first post I have owned several Chevy and GMC trucks the last 30 years, I currently drive a 2007 Z71 Tahoe with 180K miles.

My 2007 Tahoe 5.3 LMG briefly flashed the CEI and Traction Control lights on Wednesday afternoon and went off, didn't notice any performance issue while going 75 to 80 mph, the next morning it did it again at highway speeds and stayed on a bit longer but went away, that afternoon it came on and stayed on. I've checked for intake & vacuum leaks, fuel pressure and trim, compression, injector plugs are pulsing, and have spark. My scanner tells me that #4 cylinder is misfiring 490 count, #3 45 count and #2 28 count. I just changed the injectors about 14 months ago. Regardless I have compression and spark so logic would assume the fuel is missing, I'm replacing the #4 injector today. Am I missing anything, if I have compression I shouldn't have a collapsed lifter. We'll see what happens with the new injector...

If any of you have a suggestion please opine.

2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Can your scan tool command each injector on and off? Welcome to the forum btw Jeff.

3. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Thank you! No I don't have a scanner that advanced.

4. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Senior Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    could be other things, plugs. wires, coil packs, intake leak. none of which have anything to do with traction control.....that is a separate issue altogether such as abs module, abs sensors or steering sensor. needs a good scan with live data feed.

5. CMil527

CMil527 Full Access Member

Name:
    Craig
    Welcome Jeff!

6. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks all, I'm taking to a reputable shop for diagnosis. I'll post the outcome.

Thanks again!

swathdiver likes this.