DTC C3628 C2224

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albone80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali. Often my transmission shifts hard. I can usually get it to smooth out by resetting DTCs with my code reader. Today I did this and left the code reader plugged in while driving to work. When I parked I checked the code reader and it showed 2 stored codes, C3628 and C2224. I cant find much on these codes. Can anyone shed some light on what these codes mean?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_9454.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9454.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
  • thumbnail_IMG_9455.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_9455.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are general error codes, you might try poking around online for any tsb's that are related to shifting, historically if there is nothing wrong with the transmission then it could be loose of frayed, pinched wire, bad ground, something wet that shouldn't be. etc

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali. Often my transmission shifts hard. I can usually get it to smooth out by resetting DTCs with my code reader. Today I did this and left the code reader plugged in while driving to work. When I parked I checked the code reader and it showed 2 stored codes, C3628 and C2224. I cant find much on these codes. Can anyone shed some light on what these codes mean?
Harsh shifts in the 6L transmission family can be attributed to one or more of the following (list not exhaustive):
- Failing pressure switches in the TEHCM
- Worn pressure regulator valve in the pump (constant high line pressure)
- Throttle position sensor, misfires, MAF etc (these usually produce their own trouble codes)
- Adaptations (i.e. line pressure increased) due to performance issues with either solenoids or gear ratio errors (e.g. anomalies) detected by the ECM while monitoring the input and output speed sensor data streams

Since your trans is responding / normalizing when you clear the codes and none of them are transmission-specific codes, the problem is likely outside the transmission and trans is simply responding to adaptations which are being triggered by whatever is causing the problem.

Does that scan tool have live data streams where you can monitor sensor output data while engine running and vehicle driving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19