Dropped my Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Gilreath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe with Mcgaughys spindles, belltech street performance drop shock 1", Belltech springs and street performance shock on rear with extenders. Denali 22" wheels with chevy center caps and 285/45/22 Bridgestone Alenza tires.

tahoe1.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe with Mcgaughys spindles, belltech street performance drop shock 1", Belltech springs and street performance shock on rear with extenders. Denali 22" wheels with chevy center caps and 285/45/22 Bridgestone Alenza tires.

View attachment 81828 View attachment 81829

Sexy, indeed.
So, is that a 3/3 or 3/4? It's definitely inspiration for me! Any chance of you posting a straight side shot?

OP
OP
D

Doug Gilreath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sexy, indeed.
So, is that a 3/3 or 3/4? It's definitely inspiration for me! Any chance of a straight side shot?

3/4

I started at a 2/4, but it looked like the rear was lower than the front even though the tape measure said it was at a 2/4. Also the Street performance shocks in the rear had a great feel of the road, but the front factory struts felt like it was floating. So I killed two birds by going with the Street Performance drop struts down one inch, now she feels connected to the road but not harsh at all. So now at a 3/4 she looks level, but actually has a one inch rake.

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
Looks awesome dude!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/4

I started at a 2/4, but it looked like the rear was lower than the front even though the tape measure said it was at a 2/4. Also the Street performance shocks in the rear had a great feel of the road, but the front factory struts felt like it was floating. So I killed two birds by going with the Street Performance drop struts down one inch, now she feels connected to the road but not harsh at all. So now at a 3/4 she looks level, but actually has a one inch rake.

Thanks for the details! All I've got left to collect for my drop parts are something for the front n addition to the spindles. I was looking at the strut spacers, but now I'm gonna research the Belltech struts you have since mine are worn.

Did you lose any turning radius with those McG spindles? Any weird steering feel? Steering any more or less twitchy?

OP
OP
D

Doug Gilreath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the details! All I've got left to collect for my drop parts are something for the front n addition to the spindles. I was looking at the strut spacers, but now I'm gonna research the Belltech struts you have since mine are worn.

Did you lose any turning radius with those McG spindles? Any weird steering feel? Steering any more or less twitchy?

Not one bit, I was completely shocked that I had full turning ability with 285/45/22 tires at 3". The spindles didn't restrict at all like they did on my nbs Silverado that I dropped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout