Dropped Denali, can't get rid of dash alarms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i dropped my wife's 08 Denali. Installed Belltech struts, spindles, rear coils and shocks. Total about 4/4".
It had autoride and the rear shocks and compressor went out.
Had no alarms until I put the new shocks in. I've installed the 3.9 25 watt resistors like mentioned in the sticky, but the message won't go away.
I removed the resistors, checked the resistance and they were all good still.
Wired them back in, disconnected the battery and tried again but same thing.
I get service stabilitrac and service traction control.

Anyone else have problems with this?
ive tried height sensors unplugged, compressor fuse pulled, but same thing.
When I pulled the resistor I checked and had 8 volts at the shock/resistor wire.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks.

IMG_2857.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
JFry

JFry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, is there anyone out there that can just reprogram the computer and tell it that it doesn't have this option?
I tried to get GM to do it, but they couldn't be bothered to put any effort into it.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
There is a plug on top of the frame rail on both sides in the rear near the upper shock mount that has a tendency to come unplugged when messing around in that area... I would check there first and make sure everything is plugged in.

I assume you put resistors on all 4 corners.

This guy may be able to reprogram it out if it is controlled by the BCM but I am not sure...
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54.

OP
OP
JFry

JFry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check to make sure that's still connected.
I did install the resistors on all four corners.
I sent them an email on that site to see if they can do that or not, thanks for the link.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Remove the fuse to the autoride disconnect the battery for 30 min and the autoride message will be gone for ever

OP
OP
JFry

JFry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Remove the fuse to the autoride disconnect the battery for 30 min and the autoride message will be gone for ever

I pulled the only fuse I could think it would be "SEO/ALC" auto load control?, I also have the compressor one pulled. Left cables off, touching for 1/2 hour but same thing still.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I pulled the only fuse I could think it would be "SEO/ALC" auto load control?, I also have the compressor one pulled. Left cables off, touching for 1/2 hour but same thing still.

Let me look at set up tomorrow and I'll get back to you.

TLTFAB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a service stabilitrac and service traction control. Found that the abs was unplugged some how.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dropped my wife's 08 Denali. Installed Belltech struts, spindles, rear coils and shocks. Total about 4/4".
It had autoride and the rear shocks and compressor went out.
Had no alarms until I put the new shocks in. I've installed the 3.9 25 watt resistors like mentioned in the sticky, but the message won't go away.
I removed the resistors, checked the resistance and they were all good still.
Wired them back in, disconnected the battery and tried again but same thing.
I get service stabilitrac and service traction control.

Anyone else have problems with this?
ive tried height sensors unplugged, compressor fuse pulled, but same thing.
When I pulled the resistor I checked and had 8 volts at the shock/resistor wire.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks.

View attachment 85347

Did you ever get this fixed? Same issue here, removed all air ride, installed resistors and have DIC message. No lights though. What was the fix?

OP
OP
JFry

JFry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced my green amazon resistors with the gold ones. Seems to have fixed it. Didn't need to unhook batteries or pull fuses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345