DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing a day time running light on my 2013 burb is totally ridiculous.
Where is the serviceability design engineer? I'd like to talk to him :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only the fender well liner needs to be loosened up. No need to remove the bumper. Still a PITA.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM actually tells you to remove the bumper, it makes it easier instead of reaching up behind the fenderwell liner. If you took all the fenderwell liner screws/bolts out, all you had left was 8-10 10mm bolts under the hood ontop of the grill and the bumper pops right off exposing headlight housings for bulb replacement. Alot better than scraped up arms and knuckles....
:2cents:

Peter711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks For this. All the videos I see say the same. Guess I’ll have to do it this way.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope just remove the top screws of the front grill & lights, remove the one fender well screw that is about 3/4th of the way up to top of tire pull the fender well plastic enough to get arm in and remove last 10mm bolt, once that is removed the grill pulls out enough to remove light housing, easy takes 10min, totally ridiculous to remove entire bumper.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope just remove the top screws of the front grill & lights, remove the one fender well screw that is about 3/4th of the way up to top of tire pull the fender well plastic enough to get arm in and remove last 10mm bolt, once that is removed the grill pulls out enough to remove light housing, easy takes 10min, totally ridiculous to remove entire bumper.
I agree its stupid but seriously, the bumper cover is off in like 5 minutes.....even with some rusty lower front liner support bolts. The first time mine took 5 minutes after that with a small dewalt impact gun 2 minutes. I had mine on an off about 25 millon times when I mounted my plow....the problem ive seen with pulling on the grill portion was cracking down where top meets bottom...many bumpers were cracking there from people yanking a little too hard, but hey, if its easier for you and others thats cool...:2cents:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Its dumb. They should make all bulbs accessible like the nbs's. If someone is on the side of the road and needs to change out a bulb for safety they're screwed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne