DRL socket upgrade - opinions and ideas wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I plan on replacing the toasted stock DRL sockets on my '00 Yukon XL with new turn signal sockets.

Before you say they are going to get burnt up, I'm using LEDs in in them, and not stock bulbs, so heat will not be a problem.

My plan is to install a second set of switchbacks into the DRL position and have them flash amber with the stock turns.

The part I'm not sure about yet is what I want to do with the parking light part of the bulb.
I could just hook it to the DRL wire and have look like stock except when I turn on the turn signal (during the day time, the DRL extinguishes and both the "DRL" led and the turn signal flashes amber), or do some more work and use some diodes and make the white in both also run for parking lights or whatever.

Using just some diodes, I could make the DRLs run the parking lights on both sets of bulbs, and make the parking lights, ALSO run both LED bulbs parking lights (so the white would be lit on both sets any time the DRLs or the parking lights would be on).

Simplest would be just to have everything run as it is, and use the new socket to add a turn signal to the DRL spot.

I'm kind of leaning to the idea of having the parking lights light up both the DRL and the turn signal bulbs parking light, and the DRL only lights up the DRL.

Thoughts?

Ideas?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Um....what? :think:

I say keep it simple. Match with the turn signal. Have no drl at all. Drls are......:supergay:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne