DRL bulbs that last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of led 4114 bulbs from hidkitpros.com. They were the only true led 4114 bulb that I could find anywhere. The come with a pretty solid warranty and look amazing, I highly recommend them.

X2 on this use them in my Escalade & Silverado

2abda738c1b712eba26ea13f088b775c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
4114 bulbs only for drl. 3157 will not last. It's what I've used. Sellers say 3157 are the same as 4114 but only share the same base.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
We got some CREE 80W that can be used as DRL. Here is the link for them if anybody wants to try I will give some discount so they can share some pictures and comment on the quality and brightness. Those who have the LEDs previously mentioned are even better candidates so they can do a comparison.

4114 DRL Bulbs

OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got some CREE 80W that can be used as DRL. Here is the link for them if anybody wants to try I will give some discount so they can share some pictures and comment on the quality and brightness. Those who have the LEDs previously mentioned are even better candidates so they can do a comparison.

4114 DRL Bulbs

Thanks!!! I will keep this in mind if my incandescent 5702ka bulbs burn out prematurely.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score

4114 DRL Bulbs
$45 bucks huh? wow. my aaron's ones that were $15 on amazon been great for 2 years.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
$45 bucks huh? wow. my aaron's ones that were $15 on amazon been great for 2 years.
It comes with a 20% discount. Would be happy to send you a set with 50% so you can do an actual comparison and give your honest review on which ones are better, counting price too. Every feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWMuseumman

Bow Ties Are Cool
Reaction score
After having a bad experience with some super dim crappy LED's bought on a whim at the auto parts store, I reached out to Vanquish and gave their LEDs a shot. Granted they have only been in the car for 3 days as of now, I am super happy with the color and how bright they are. I will be posting periodically about the lifetime of these bulbs.

Here are the first LED's I bought. Not only were they not very bright, they weren't even color matched very well, and I bought these in a two pack.View media item 26543
Here are the Vanquish bulbs, very happy with them so far.
View media item 26544

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having a bad experience with some super dim crappy LED's bought on a whim at the auto parts store, I reached out to Vanquish and gave their LEDs a shot. Granted they have only been in the car for 3 days as of now, I am super happy with the color and how bright they are. I will be posting periodically about the lifetime of these bulbs.

Here are the first LED's I bought. Not only were they not very bright, they weren't even color matched very well, and I bought these in a two pack.View media item 26543
Here are the Vanquish bulbs, very happy with them so far.
View media item 26544

I've been using these http://a.co/fhGftR4 LEDs for my DRLs since January.
I've had no trouble with them and they only use 10w of power, so there is little to no chance of messing up the socket or it dying prematurely.
The stock DRLs are rated for 29w, I beleve, so anything you put in there should have lower power dissipation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9