Drivers side rear spring, rubbing during turns/flexing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ******* up the forums this week. :893karatesmiley-thu

Anyone experiencing a metallic rubbing noise from the left rear on their PPV? Specifically when turning and there is some axle flex (like turning into a parking lot or driveway). My Tahoe has been doing it since I got it, rarely encountered in normal driving, but easily reproduced in a turn/rear axle flexing situation.

I just had new Belltech put on all around, which lowered the whole truck over 1.5" more than PPV height.....and the initial test drive, the tech heard the noise still. He also found evidence that the spring seems to be rubbing, possibly the panhard bar.

He's going to look it over tomorrow, he found the rubbing towards the end of the day today so he didn't have time to hunt for the issue today. Figured I'd post up to see if any of you guys have experience the same.

:Caffeine:

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy found the issue, the driver's side rear spring was rubbing the frame. The attached pic of the rusty spring is the stock spring, you can see where it actually squared off the spring from rubbing. Impressive to wear down that coil spring, that is some strong steel!

The other pic shows the new spring rubbing. So it rubbed before and after. I thought I was going to have to buy an adjustable panhard bar, but @NORCAL SS recognized from that picture that the new spring was installed upside down. After flipping the spring, no more problems!

received_10154957671401344.jpeg received_10154957675911344.jpeg