Driver control panel works, except to the lock button.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guero1197

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
03 Tahoe LS 5.3L

Every thing in my drivers side works, I can roll down windows, move my side mirrors, & unlock, but I can't lock it. My passenger door works. Since my remote key does not work. I have to lock from my passenger side EVERY time and doing it for years got really annoying already.

Also they tried breaking in a couple years back, they but a screw driver under the keyhole on my drivers side door. Now every time I open my door from my drivers side my alarm goes off. So I unlock my truck from the passenger door. Most of the time it doesn't turn on the alarm. But there are a few times where even the passanger door makes the alarm go off.

Any help, guides, or how to test the circuit wires for these to help me diagnose these two problem ?

Last edited:

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first guess would be a possible broken wire in the driver's door, or else in the rubber boot between the door and the body. I've seen it happen quite a few times in the rubber boot. I was scratching my head one day when I had voltage one one side, but not the other side. I FINALLY discovered that there was indeed a broken wire, but the insulation was not broken. I finally found it when I was wigglling the wire and I had a spotty connection on the other end with my test light.

OP
OP
G

guero1197

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My first guess would be a possible broken wire in the driver's door, or else in the rubber boot between the door and the body. I've seen it happen quite a few times in the rubber boot. I was scratching my head one day when I had voltage one one side, but not the other side. I FINALLY discovered that there was indeed a broken wire, but the insulation was not broken. I finally found it when I was wigglling the wire and I had a spotty connection on the other end with my test light.

Ahh i see, i just simply replaced the whole driver power lock panel. The new one started working flawlessly. Even programmed my key fob again, but the thing with unlocking with a key on the driver side, still sets off the alarm. Thinks it's being broken into I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14