drive-train issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i replaced my 4 wheel drive 99 gmc yukon's transmission and was able to drive shortly it was rough to shift so i took it back to the house see if i missed any connections, i hadn't. I then tried driving again about 4 miles into the drive i lose all ability to accelerate. my engine revved up but I lost my torque. i let the vehicle sit for about a week i then changed the breaks and again was able to go four miles then the same thing happened. engine revved but no torque. no forward momentum. again i take the vehicle home and let it sit for a week go back and change the encoder motor or transfer case motor ive seen it both ways anyway same thing four miles lose torque engine revs but cant accelerate.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Gotta cover the basics/obvious...
Did you manually try all gears with the same situation occurring in each individually?
4 miles isn't a long trip, but certainly enough to cycle through the gears - manually and automatically.

I'm nowhere near a trans expert, but it could be many different reasons for your situation:
  • maybe there's a poor torque converter connection
  • maybe the internal plates/gears aren't fully engaging
  • maybe there's not enough pressure to hold the gears -
  • though unlikely, it could be the planetary gears - I had a situation where I lost some of teeth on mine, trans would "slip" until some teeth engaged

OP
OP
J

Jared839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I
Gotta cover the basics/obvious...
Did you manually try all gears with the same situation occurring in each individually?
4 miles isn't a long trip, but certainly enough to cycle through the gears - manually and automatically.

I'm nowhere near a trans expert, but it could be many different reasons for your situation:
  • maybe there's a poor torque converter connection
  • maybe the internal plates/gears aren't fully engaging
  • maybe there's not enough pressure to hold the gears -
  • though unlikely, it could be the planetary gears - I had a situation where I lost some of teeth on mine, trans would "slip" until some teeth engaged
Tried every gear manually and couldn't get it going. I just replaced the torque converter waiting on battery to charge will update tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons