Dream Engine Swap/Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
This thread is for what you would drop into or build for your vehicle. Anything goes! Include full specs please!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding a supercharger would be fun but so would building a stroker motor out of my LC9. I'd put in Darton wet sleeves and run a square bore motor, 4.0 bore x 4.0 stroke for a 402 cubic inch motor. Run the stock 243 heads and a mild camshaft and shoot for 500 RWHP. Add a supercharger and shoot for 650 RWHP which would be enough to run 112-113 through the traps in the 1/4 mile. Would use an AXN 14-Bolt Rear and 6L90E transmission.

Another idea is converting over to an LBZ Duramax and using the 9.5" 14-Bolt axles (drop in) and 6L90E or the Allison.

In the end, I'd probably enjoy just making a stroker motor out of my LC9 and beefing up the drivetrain to handle it over the long haul.

It would be most economical to drop in a massaged L9H compared to the other ideas. But not sure my brain would let me do that.

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Adding a supercharger would be fun but so would building a stroker motor out of my LC9. I'd put in Darton wet sleeves and run a square bore motor, 4.0 bore x 4.0 stroke for a 402 cubic inch motor. Run the stock 243 heads and a mild camshaft and shoot for 500 RWHP. Add a supercharger and shoot for 650 RWHP which would be enough to run 112-113 through the traps in the 1/4 mile. Would use an AXN 14-Bolt Rear and 6L90E transmission.

Another idea is converting over to an LBZ Duramax and using the 9.5" 14-Bolt axles (drop in) and 6L90E or the Allison.

In the end, I'd probably enjoy just making a stroker motor out of my LC9 and beefing up the drivetrain to handle it over the long haul.

It would be most economical to drop in a massaged L9H compared to the other ideas. But not sure my brain would let me do that.
True that man

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That twin turbo setup was done nicely but not conducive to getting up on boost fast with those long pipes. It might help with traction though. I'd go with a single turbocharger, such as a 60-1 or a little larger for a 5.3 and lay it out to match as close as possible the Buick GN LC2.

turbox.jpg

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That twin turbo setup was done nicely but not conducive to getting up on boost fast with those long pipes. It might help with traction though. I'd go with a single turbocharger, such as a 60-1 or a little larger for a 5.3 and lay it out to match as close as possible the Buick GN LC2.

turbox.jpg
I guess you didn't notice the lsa blower sitting in the middle..instant boost!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what that was. I would call that a large hand grenade. A handsome one, well constructed, but a grenade nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons