Double din instAll ??!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to do the same in my '02 Denali as far as removing the bracket and plastic but it's not too hard to do.

It wasn't too bad at all, I cut out a lot because of the size of my rca jacks and extra wiring I'm going to be running for 52mm gauges and a few other mods

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys ground the aftermarket deck to? The PO that installed the aftermarket deck in to my 01 denali grounded it to the center support metal bar seen in the image below. I have a very slight engine noise and i believe its due to this piece not being truly grounded. I read in another thread that a cigarette lighter adapter is a good spot to find solid ground connection... what did you use?

19e08c4dea990c6ae34785e119426a34.jpg

I did shave the small plastic piece on the inside.
00-02 have a larger metal piece that has to be cut off for double dins.

sent from the last frontier[/QUOTE]

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory wiring harness has a ground in it. I didn't run a separate ground. No noise.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have engine whining due to bad rca jacks. A quick and easy remedy is to either replace them all together(make sure the battery is disconnected when installing rca's) or use some 14 or 16 awg wire to ground the rca heads to the hu itself...simply skin back about 3/4-1'' of the insulation and make a 90 degree hook on 1 end and hook it inside the rca head(male end) so it's only touching the outer perimeter, don't let it touch the center pin and push it back into the female end...ground the other end to the hu or to the black wire on the radio harness

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have engine whining due to bad rca jacks. A quick and easy remedy is to either replace them all together(make sure the battery is disconnected when installing rca's) or use some 14 or 16 awg wire to ground the rca heads to the hu itself...simply skin back about 3/4-1'' of the insulation and make a 90 degree hook on 1 end and hook it inside the rca head(male end) so it's only touching the outer perimeter, don't let it touch the center pin and push it back into the female end...ground the other end to the hu or to the black wire on the radio harness

I am using stock speakers so the RCA jacks are not being used at all. Hmm.. i have ablack wire going to the metal bar in the back of the dash. If i unhook it, head unit does not power on. I'll take some pics and add them to the thread...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am using stock speakers so the RCA jacks are not being used at all. Hmm.. i have ablack wire going to the metal bar in the back of the dash. If i unhook it, head unit does not power on. I'll take some pics and add them to the thread...
Just extend it down to where you can get a good ground point then, and make sure to scrape the metal bare where you ground it. Somewhere near the fusebox or if possible find a common ground point.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here my front speaker crackles and get static then it distorts the sound to the point where I here engine whine not sure what the probelm is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989