Door warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hype

Reaction score
when i shut my drivers door a bell dings and it says REAR ACCESS OPEN on the DIC. What could cause this?

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i shut my drivers door a bell dings and it says REAR ACCESS OPEN on the DIC. What could cause this?
Mine does that all that all time...but no message. Why the ding????

Scooty

Reaction score
It's the rear maybe just some dirt on the connector?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill check and clean but it does it alot and even when i shut the back hatch ill be driving and lights will come on and it will say rear access open...
I've heard others with this problem and it was the switch in the rear hatch. Probably needs to be replaced.

Scooty

Reaction score
ill check and clean but it does it alot and even when i shut the back hatch ill be driving and lights will come on and it will say rear access open...
I just thought I'd suggest that because when I bought my 08 I swear the previous owners never opened the hatch...ever. There was so much dirt and road grime there you wouldn't believe it. LOL

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What these guys said, closing your drivers door causes pressure lifting the hatch a **** hair so the switch is prob on its way or needs adjusting, if possible. Also driving along hitting a bump or something same situ, hatch comes up a bit...my 2cnts

OP
OP
Hype

Hype

Reaction score
What these guys said, closing your drivers door causes pressure lifting the hatch a **** hair so the switch is prob on its way or needs adjusting, if possible. Also driving along hitting a bump or something same situ, hatch comes up a bit...my 2cnts

exactly it does it when drivers or passenger door shuts and when i hit bumps but if i slam it hard it fixes it for a while.... is the switch a expensive and or tough part to replace...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne