Door panel lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
My driver side door panel light does not turn on when ai open the door. I changed out the bulb and still no light. Does anyone know what triggers the light to turn on?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Check the plug , might have corrosion inside and not getting a good connection.
Maybe a pinch in the the wire in the door.
Did it ever work before ?

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side door panel light does not turn on when ai open the door. I changed out the bulb and still no light. Does anyone know what triggers the light to turn on?

lol what @HiHoeSilver said! Any other symptoms? (Thanks for the shout out)

Does your radio stay on with the key out, do you get the "driver door ajar" message?

EDIT: since you already did the door latch disassembly and cleaning...

if you have a multimeter, you can back probe the harness at the light socket and check for power. Also check for a good ground but make sure there is no voltage on the circuit first before you check resistance/continuity or you will blow your meter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
lol what @HiHoeSilver said! Any other symptoms? (Thanks for the shout out)

Does your radio stay on with the key out, do you get the "driver door ajar" message?

EDIT: since you already did the door latch disassembly and cleaning...

if you have a multimeter, you can back probe the harness at the light socket and check for power. Also check for a good ground but make sure there is no voltage on the circuit first before you check resistance/continuity or you will blow your meter.

I did the rebuild and everything is working like new, thx

Great write up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons