Door locks intermittent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maw7989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 09 Yukon and the wife said it started to not unlock or lock on both doors on the driver's side. It works just fine sometimes and then other times it only moves the locks like half way and you have to manually lock or unlock the doors. I'm thinking it's the actuators but wanted someone else's imput

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, hopefully someone will respond and it does sound like the actuators and I thought there was an issue around those years(2007-2014). You may also try posting in the 09 section as this is the 2015+ section or one of our great moderators will move it to the correct section. Good luck with the repair and there may even be a youtube showing how to do it. I would check Ebay, less expensive, free shipping and no tax, for the parts if that is the problem.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 09 Yukon and the wife said it started to not unlock or lock on both doors on the driver's side. It works just fine sometimes and then other times it only moves the locks like half way and you have to manually lock or unlock the doors. I'm thinking it's the actuators but wanted someone else's imput

I have the same problem. The front driver's door been doing it since I bought it. Works a few days, stops working a few days randomly. Now last week the driver 2nd door lock started to act up. This week it's been fine but it is frustrating.