DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR PICTURE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIPEVANS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe Door Lock Actuator.jpg MY 2003 TAHOE Z71 CONSTANTLY FLASHES THE "RIGHT REAR DOOR AJAR" MESSAGE EVEN WHEN THE DOOR IS CLOSED. I DISASSEMBLED THE DOOR PANEL AND REMOVED THE DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR (SEE DIAGRAM). IT HAS A 2-PIN CONNECTOR, AND A 4-PIN CONNECTOR THAT CONNECTS TO A HARNESS WITH ONLY 2 PINS. THE WIRING IS CONTINUOUS, AND THE ACTUATOR 2-PIN CONNECTOR IS AS WELL.

I UNPLUGGED BOTH CONNECTORS AND THE AJAR MESSAGE PERSISTS.

ANY IDEAS WHICH CONNECTOR DOES WHAT, AND HOW TO FURTHER TEST TO IDENTIFY CAUSE? I WAS THINKING IT COULD BE BCM BUT WANTED TO TEST THE BCM

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooooo, i think your answer should be 'Yes, the light stays on and the door open warning illuminates' or 'no, the light goes off, but the door open warning illuminates'

Either way, the door switch for light is built into the latch that grabs the body striker pin. Plug the connectors back in while you have it apart and spray fown the latch then use a screwdriver to simulate closing the door and see how that goes, it may just be dirty, gummed up or old.....