Don't Repair Your Climate Control with www.taninautoelectronix.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what the website says they will do to your climate control.
"What is this service? We replace all of the light bulbs in your climate control unit. We repair climate control units of all makes and models. We also check the remaining internal components for failure replace as necessary, clean and polish your climate unit, and then ship it back. We have complete, fully rebuilt, ready to ship heater control units for sale also that range from $100-$300 depending on the make and model."
http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/GM-Climate-Control-Repair-s/1904.htm

So I pay to ship my Climate control there and the workorder I explain my problem (A/C fluctuating sometimes blows cold sometimes not).
Once they get it they call me and tell me their is nothing they can do as the problem could be outside the control mechanism. Duh, they could still do the "Check the remaining internal components for failure replace as necessary"...
But
They have replacement ones to sell me...

So they have no way to test and repair mine but they can sell me another one that is tested and works..for $100-$300.

So I got to spend a total of $32.00 in shipping to find out they don't do what they say they do on the website.

I am going with the guy on ebay next, at least he specifically mentions fluctuating air temps.

P.S. I did not argue with them or post on their website as I assume neither will do any good but waste more of my time.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe they are saying your unit is fine. the issue is outside the controller.

you try flushing the heater core yet? making sure its not air bound? or clogged?

try the hvac actuator reset yet?

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they said they would not do any work to it because the problem could be outside the control unit. Which is true it could be outside the unit but this is no reason to not do what the website says they will do, that's the point I am trying to make.
If you sell a service that says you will do something then when you get the item you won't do it but will sell me another more expensive thing it is used car salesmen tricks. Which wasted my money and my time.

I have done a lot of troubleshooting on this problem (I have a different thread on it), I wanted the unit tested to rule out it being the problem, like I dunno their website said they would do for $40.00.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats crap then. in the end i bet they only have the voltage specs and use a dmm to read the in and outputs for testing.

OP
OP
latvius

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think they would only change the light bulbs and clean it with windex, I felt like if you have anything else they are going to push buying one of theirs for $100-300 bucks. They offered to sell me one, I did not bother to ask how much. Nevermind the fact of how do they know the one they are selling me is any good if they can't test mine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh