Dome lights don't shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a while now when I shut my truck off and open the door, the radio stays on. It doesn't matter which door is opened, none will make it shut off. But sometimes it will shut off and sometimes it won't. It's really starting to annoy me. I have had suggestions of it being door latches or a faulty BCM. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a door switch. Check that first. They are cheap

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So normally, when the engine is turned off and the radio is still on, it will turn off with the opening of any door. It won't shut off when you open ANY doors? Do you get any door ajar warnings when the engine is on and you open any door?

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So normally, when the engine is turned off and the radio is still on, it will turn off with the opening of any door. It won't shut off when you open ANY doors? Do you get any door ajar warnings when the engine is on and you open any door?
No I don't get any warning ⚠️

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the splice pack 205 in this diagram and while your there go ahead and check connector C6 at the body control module and make sure the terminals and connector is tight. It's the only one with two rows of eight terminals.

IMG_4091.PNG IMG_4092.PNG

mmeachem

Reaction score
For a while now when I shut my truck off and open the door, the radio stays on. It doesn't matter which door is opened, none will make it shut off. But sometimes it will shut off and sometimes it won't. It's really starting to annoy me. I have had suggestions of it being door latches or a faulty BCM. Any help would be appreciated

There's a dimmer switch on the left panel, if turned all the way up I'm pretty sure the dome light stays on.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket alarm system installed? If so, check into that as well. I used to install alarms and car stereos for a living, and every so often I would have to fix someone else's hack job. If the person who installed it did not properly diode isolate all of the doors, then that might be the problem. If all of the doorswitch wires are just tied together, normally it would not cause "too" many problems but if you have just one door switch go bad then it can cause a problem like you are experiencing with all four doors acting like they are bad because they are getting backfeed from the other doors since they are not properly isolated.
I'm not saying that this is your issue, but it sure is a possibility if you have an alarm or remote start system, so I would check into it if I were you.

Riki7s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have same issue. It's my drivers door switch. I just open and close the door again when it happens and radio shuts off. Just keep forgetting to get it replaced. Minor annoyance.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same issue. It's my drivers door switch. I just open and close the door again when it happens and radio shuts off. Just keep forgetting to get it replaced. Minor annoyance.

You can take them apart and clean the switch free of corrosion and it'll be as good as new. I did a write up on it but honestly I don't know where to find it lol. Here's what mine looked like when I opened it up and then after I cleaned it. Haven't had a problem since and the was about 6 months ago.

IMG_2091.JPG IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2100.JPG IMG_2102.JPG

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take them apart and clean the switch free of corrosion and it'll be as good as new. I did a write up on it but honestly I don't know where to find it lol. Here's what mine looked like when I opened it up and then after I cleaned it. Haven't had a problem since and the was about 6 months ago.

View attachment 182811 View attachment 182812 View attachment 182813 View attachment 182814

I wish I would have seen your write up back when mine was acting up. This was probably about 7-8 years ago though. I searched and searched and everyone was saying to keep spraying the latch mechanism with Silicone spray. I tried it over and over, and at best the latch would start working for maybe a full day and then it would quit again. I finally just replaced the actuator/latch assembly with one from a 05 Avalanche that I found in the junkyard. I normally don't buy electrical parts from the junkyard but I decided to take a gamble since a new assembly is RIDICULOUSLY expensive (well, they were back then. No clue what they cost now). Now you have me wanting to find your thread and bookmark it in case I have another one go bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne