Does the factory installed entertainment system support apple airplay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wife and I are looking into a 17 Denali. It has the rear seat entertainment and was seeing if we could use our iPad with all of our sons movies on it and aiplay to watch it on the factory system. Trying to stick to the wireless solution

MechEng813

Reaction score
Not natively, but if you wire in a 4th Gen AppleTV to be the rear input source, you can AirPlay directly to it without the need for wifi.
I also read that it's possible to bypass the AC/DC power supply and wire the ATV directly to 12v, but have yet to rip one apart.

I'm currently using a Western Digital WDTV with a flash drive full of MP4s.
It's older, one of the first generation set top "boxes", but with the right firmware it will autoplay a drive full of moves in order, and it runs off of 12vdc. Fits nicely in the pocket at the rear of the center console with all the wiring hidden behind the plastic trim.

IamZ

Reaction score
Airplay would be nice for Netflix and the like. I've got a slim USB loaded with kids movies that just play on repeat that keeps them happy. I tried having my stereo guys wire something in from the arm rest storage space but they said they couldn't splice into the rear input wires because of a lack of room and I didn't want something plugged in from the outside (toddlers....).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne