Does 2500hd lift kit fit 2500 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question would a lift kit from a 2004 2500hd fit my 01 yukon 2500? I may have a chance to purchase one for cheap or what would be different?

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which lift are you looking at?

They should be the same.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They specify base kit 192H for both applications (4.5") but tack on a -SUV suffix for the 7" 189H kit...

I'm not sure of the differenice for the 7" kit.

I was planning on going with Cognito 4-6" NTBD. Did you find a used BDS or is a retailer offering a discount? BDS is a good company and their kits don't require torsion bar drops which I like...

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly does that mean that it doesn't require a torsion bar drop? I'm also in the market for a lift kit for my 04 Yukon xl 2500. So many to choose from and they vary so much in price and fitment. I even saw a few that says I need to buy a kit to modify the exhaust in order for it to fit.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The torsion bars are connected to the lower control arms and span back to a brace near the transfercase. Most lift kits drop the torsion bar backer the same amount as the control arms, making them visible below the frame and reducing breakover ground clearance.

I prefer kits that don't drop the torsion bars for a cleaner look.

The Cognito NTBD kit also comes with idler & pitman arm supports which I think are important or these vehicles when lifted with larger tires. You can buy the supports separately, but something to consider when comparing prices. Also no welding for Cognito.

The exhaust mod is usually just dimpling a pipe for a little extra driveshaft clearance. Nothing major

OP
OP
Devilmk4

Devilmk4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea found a used kit on cl that's what interesting about the kit that i have been reading with the torsion bar drop

Last edited:

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find out if it's the regular or narrow track width knuckles. The regular knuckles increase track width 1.5" over the narrow knucked (and probably close to 2" over stock). Two issues there are needing rear spacers if you want to keep front and rear sticking out the same, and the wider track width limits tire/wheel options... especially if you want a deep lip type wheel.

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended just getting a 6" zone kit on eBay which included the optional Fox 2.0 shocks. Ebay had 8% eBay bucks the other day, so purchasing the kit gave me $100 in eBay bucks. It came out to $1,595 no tax and free shipping. Plus those eBay bucks! I think it was a great deal, so I had to get it. I also noticed that the fitment included 2500 and 3500 HD trucks, so they have to be the same kit. Not sure why when you search some brands they make it look like there's a different kit for the Yukon 2500 than the one for the 2500 HD. I was having difficulties decided on a kit due to that also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep