Do your 3rd row seats fold down flat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this again, but noticed that mine don't lay flat either. The right side seems ok with the single seat, but the left with the double seat is elevated about 2". Definately not flat. Makes it a chore when slding large objects out because they get stuck on the lip.

Pondering having the dealer look at it at some point. But I also have to weigh the fact that they can damage something else or make it worse in the process. Any time you turn your vehicle over to a service department there's a risk of something going sideways from a careless tech.

But more to the point, has anyone had a dealership actually fix it so that both electric seats lay completely flat? Seem like about 90% of the vehicles on the lot are this way and the other 10% are fine. Luck of the draw.

Twn7575

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this again, but noticed that mine don't lay flat either. The right side seems ok with the single seat, but the left with the double seat is elevated about 2". Definately not flat. Makes it a chore when slding large objects out because they get stuck on the lip.

Pondering having the dealer look at it at some point. But I also have to weigh the fact that they can damage something else or make it worse in the process. Any time you turn your vehicle over to a service department there's a risk of something going sideways from a careless tech.

But more to the point, has anyone had a dealership actually fix it so that both electric seats lay completely flat? Seem like about 90% of the vehicles on the lot are this way and the other 10% are fine. Luck of the draw.

I had the issue with left side of my 3rd row that the dealer was able to fix. There was just some wiring that was loose so they secured it with a zip tie and it’s been fine since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my '16 Escalade when I first bought it an it annoyed the crap out of me. I did the power fold halfway and I could see the bottom of the third row moves forward a little bit when the seats are going down. It appear the bottom part was hung up on something so I grabbed underneath and pulled it forward and it folded flat after that. I haven't had the issue using just the power button since that.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you guys saying the literally fold flat now? Like you could zero a level on it?

Twn7575

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So are you guys saying the literally fold flat now? Like you could zero a level on it?
I wouldn’t say you could zero a level on it but it’s close enough to be able to load items. Before the fix, one side was noticeably higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wolf1340

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to this forum. Bought a 17 Yukon SLT for the wife at Christmas. Damn rear seat not folding flat was bothering me and the wife. I’ve been looking online for a fix. But, after losing 2 gallons of milk in the driveway today. I took the third seat out. Floor is finally like it should be. Took me 20 minutes. Already had the Weathertech cargo mat. Everything looks and works awesome now.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to this forum. Bought a 17 Yukon SLT for the wife at Christmas. Damn rear seat not folding flat was bothering me and the wife. I’ve been looking online for a fix. But, after losing 2 gallons of milk in the driveway today. I took the third seat out. Floor is finally like it should be. Took me 20 minutes. Already had the Weathertech cargo mat. Everything looks and works awesome now.

Same here. My third seat folds flat—it’s folded flat in storage right now! I, too, got tired of everting spilling out when I opened the rear hatch. With the help of this forum, I yanked that puppy out and got a flat floor and more storage room. Very nice.

wolf1340

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here. My third seat folds flat—it’s folded flat in storage right now! I, too, got tired of everting spilling out when I opened the rear hatch. With the help of this forum, I yanked that puppy out and got a flat floor and more storage room. Very nice.
Did you have keyless entry? If so, did you lose it when you unplugged the seat? I did. At least I think that what caused it.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have keyless entry. I did not lose anything when I removed the seat, just weight.

I would look for other causes. There is really no reason I know of that the third row impacts keyless entry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26