Do you love your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep this Tahoe for a while, I'm only 17 and it's my first vehicle that I paid for, ($1500) and I obviously can't afford anything more than that. When I got it, it had 225k miles but the transmission was rebuilt at 223k miles. Until I can afford to make payments on a new truck and still have a good amount of money coming in so I'm not struggling to pay it, I'm keeping this thing. And I'm going to school for diesel/automotive so if something breaks I just pay for the part. And even if the damn engine blows up you can get one with around 80k miles on it for about 1200, fairly cheap to repair these trucks, even fairly cheap to mod. My dad has an 07 ram 2500 with the Cummins engine and it costs him a fortune to repair that thing. His transmission went up at 112k miles this past February and it cost him over 3k for the transmission and after everything said and done it was 4300 if I remember correctly.

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get away with not making payments, you are in the butter zone.

This applies to all liabilities, like a house, boat, motorcycle, hell, even your toolbox youll end up with after you get your degree...

Live within your means, play hard, wear a ******.. life is good if you do these things.. u nless you want to have a kid, then cancel #3 and replace it with, credit cards are for suckers.

:cheers:<< that's a ginger beer, cause youre underage..lol

I can gladly say I've never been a slave to the wretched banking system in my whole life. 2 up in the air for sure.. It feels absolutely liberating to know at 37 years old I can say I've payed for everything I've ever signed for and can openly tell the rothchilds to **** themselves... hahhahha:biggun:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fuggin love my avy, and the value is going up. Daughter says shes getting it in 3 years when she drives, but we shall she. I need to get a Lexus gs350 "beater" to add to the fleet to keep the miles off it (have you seen how quickly they drop in value?). I saw a nice 14 gs for $27k with 30 some mile - about half sticker. My 5.3 LC9 is good for at least 250-300k. Im gonna be Eastwood in Grand Torino with this mo fo...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my 05 Denali. I love sex more.

Styling is subjective, but the only big GM SUVs I like that are newer than what I have are the NNBS Escalades. I don't plan to get rid of my Denali, but if it were totaled on the way home today and I had to buy something else, I'd look at a 07-14 Escalade. The NNBS Tahoes look ok, but the Yukons and Denalis look terrible IMHO.

Am I the only one that thinks the current gen Tahoe, Yukon, and burb look like a hearse? First black one I saw, I actually thought it was a hearse. I think it's the chrome rear side trim.
I agree with all your points. And IMO the current gen look nice after ALL the chrome is removed and they're slammed with some big wheels. Then you know they're definitely not a Hearse.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably true, although I've never seen one with blacked out chrome, on the ground, and big ass wheels.

I wonder if you could do a front clip swap on the new Yukons from the new trucks? That new headlight and grille design on the GMC trucks looks great

Wingnude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love my 03 Yukon, have 248 K on it , but just recently came up with a weird electrical issue,
still gonna keep it LOL

Hermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sure I love my tahoeee, but I am definitely not stuck with one brand or model. before this I had a Kia :)

GMCDAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm probably the "geezer" of the folks that have responded to this thread so far, but yeah I get attached to trucks. One of my GMC's has been in the family (Mom's then Mine) 46 years and my wife and I bought another used GMC in 1979 and we are still driving it too. Ironically my oldest GMC has only been in the family since 2009!

We really enjoy driving the '06 Denali we bought about 13 months ago and have decided to try to just keep it long as we can too. We try to just leave it sit and just use it for trips or long day drives when we want all the quiet and comfort one of the old trucks doesn't give us.

DAC

Riki7s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just retired from Mercedes and after lease ended the only vehicle I wanted was my 04 Tahoe I used to pull the boat with. So I went through everything all suspension shocks and lowered, hoses, belts w/p, radiator. Replaced trans and updated tires and wheels. So yeah, now I love it!

IMG_2932.JPG IMG_2933.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman